Old 02-26-2006, 07:44 PM

Default Do you call this push from big stack? 55 speed

55 Speed on party.

PartyPoker, Big Blind is t800 (4 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

CO (t11944)
Hero (t2091)
SB (t3483)
BB (t2482)

Preflop: Hero is in Button with 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to t11944 (All-in)</font>,

----
I've had trouble adjusting to situations like this that seem to come up more often in the new speeds.

Blinds will increase next hand. So if action on next hand is folded around to big stack I will eat blinds approx equal to my stack , but not quite, and the other shortie will be forced allin before me and I would have about 25 chips if I tried to squeak into the money.

I can't quite get SGNPT to give me a good answer, assumptions I make seem to change the answer big time.
If this a fold what should I be calling with. If a call what kind of hand do you need to call in addition to this one?
Would guess player is pushing about 50% of his hands.

While playing it seemed like an auto call, then I started thinking and the more I thought about it the more undecided I became.
Old 02-26-2006, 07:49 PM

Default Re: Do you call this push from big stack? 55 speed

I wouldn't call this! The reason therefore is that A2 is not that great of a hand, and you still have 2 players to act behind you! It could easily happen that they also call and have you dominated!
I would probably call his push with AT+ and 77+
Old 02-26-2006, 07:54 PM

I don't mean to sound like a dick but if you need to put this into SNGPT you really need to re-evaluate your game. You are probably losing a lot of money on the bubble if you are even considering a call here.
Old 02-26-2006, 07:56 PM

How often has the big stack been raising? If he's been aggressive like he should be, this is a clear call.
Old 02-26-2006, 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How often has the big stack been raising? If he's been aggressive like he should be, this is a clear call.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I was in his spot I would be pushing any 2.

But he hasn't been tremendously agressive but hasn't had the bigstack for very long. He doubled up with a9 vs someone calling with kj.

So the 50% seems like a reasonably good estimate. Not overly tight but not loose enough.
Old 02-26-2006, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I was in his spot I would be pushing any 2.

But he hasn't been tremendously agressive but hasn't had the bigstack for very long. He doubled up with a9 vs someone calling with kj.

So the 50% seems like a reasonably good estimate. Not overly tight but not loose enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm. Maybe not then. SngPt isn't that useful with blinds so big compared to the stacks. I think its much, much closer than SngPt would say.
Old 02-26-2006, 08:50 PM

handsome,

Thank you for the suggestion.

Did you even read the hand I posted or simply see A2 and bubble, then write your response?

It is much easier to learn how to push realtively correctly then call loosely correctly.
Being able to call when it is correct to do so is where I gain my greatest edge ove those who push too often and in an easily identifable pattern.

While not really applicable to this specific hand maybe you should look over calling ranges that you should have given opponents loose pushing standards. Especially 5 and 6 handed. The results may suprise you.
Old 02-26-2006, 08:57 PM

I don't understand why people think this is a call even with villain pushing 100% :/
Old 02-26-2006, 09:01 PM

Are there ANY hands you would like him to show, aside from x-2?
Old 02-26-2006, 09:13 PM

The thing is if I don't call this I am screwed, but probably screwed anyways if I do call.
I.e. even if I push next hand the Big Blind will have 12k chips and he will be getting incredible odds to call with anything. And if I don't push I will be the big blind with him in the small. Again will be facing almost certain raise with 2/3 of my chips already in the pot.