Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2007, 08:24 PM

Default $7.70 PLHE, TPTK, help preflop and flop

The villain in this hand was tight and won a few pots without showing cards. I don't usually reraise with AQ, but I was kicking myself because so many things could have gone wrong, including getting reraised huge from someone behind us. So, question one is: do I reraise pre? Question two:How do I play this flop?

PokerStars (9 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Seat 2: SirRomanov (3715 in chips)
Seat 3: Blindcurve (3235 in chips)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of 50.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises 250 to 350</font>, Hero calls 350, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>.

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Villain bets pot for 850. Hero?

Thanks,
-D.

(Edited to include stack sizes.)
Old 08-06-2007, 08:38 PM

Default Re: $7.70 PLHE, TPTK, help preflop and flop

I would most likely have the same pre-flop action as you. Well, you hit your hand as hard as could be expected. Villain was "tight" so his range should be relatively predictable, AK, AQ, (maybe) AJ. The only thing that you're losing to would be AA/KK, if so that's somewhat unlikely. I might float this flop... what are the stack sizes? Since you have position, I'd most likely let him take the first move on the turn and re-asses.