Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2007, 05:49 PM

Default Poker Players Alliance Emails

Have any of you guys gotten the recent email from PPA? They are advocating that we approach our congressmen during the recess and I like the idea. If any californians here would like to get together and attend some polical meetings during the congressional recess I'd be happy to take part.

Also, could we create a thread and Leader could you help us work with other forums to attend events?

This is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO important if we want to play poker online for years to come. We must join together behind the PPA.

Holla at a west coast playa,

Indy
Old 08-06-2007, 05:50 PM

Default Re: Poker Players Alliance Emails

Here is the email I am talking about:

Dear Fellow PPA Member:

Thanks to your efforts, we have made tremendous progress in our fight to protect the rights of poker players. More than 40 Members of the U.S. House of Representatives have committed to clarifying federal laws to preserve your ability to play poker online. But we still need your help to get the attention of every U.S. Representative.

Congress is in recess for August and your Representative will be returning home to host local events and town hall meetings. These are great opportunities to tell them that poker is not a crime and to support H.R. 2046, the Internet Gambling Regulation and Enforcement Act and H.R. 2610, the Skill Game Protection Act.

Here's how to find out when these events are happening:

Get the phone number of your U.S. Representative's hometown office by clicking here and entering your ZIP Code.

Call to ask when and where these events are taking place in the month of August.

Go to one of these events and bring your fellow poker players. Tell your U.S. Representative that poker is not a crime and to co-sponsor H.R. 2046 and H.R. 2610 when they return to Washington. Let them know that you will support them if they support the rights of law-abiding poker players.

Thank you for being an "August Advocate" for the Poker Players Alliance.

Proud to Play Poker,
Senator Al D'Amato
Chairman of the Board
Poker Players Alliance

Please click here to forward to a friend.

To opt out of future mailings like this, please click here.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:36 PM

Yes, I receive the same e-mail and i do plan on trying to meet with Capito though she generally comes to town quietly and it only is announce after she leave and quoting her "I did not want the visit to be political", OMG, REALLY I wrote her back after that quote in my local paper.

Instead, she sends representatives from her office. Ah, I miss Rep. Bob Wise......

obg
Old 08-06-2007, 10:09 PM

You could look here for ideas

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...=0#Post11442774

... and if you like what you wrote, post it there too!
Old 08-07-2007, 10:41 AM

I also received this e-mail. While it is a good initiative by PPA to mobilize its membership, it would be more effective if PPA would provide us a set of talking points for these meetings with our representatives. Thus, I have responded to PPA's e-mail suggesting this.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:03 PM

Default As usual, the PPA has its head up its ass, the fight is over regs now!

Focus on Family knows that this isa fight over the content and comments on the Regs, NOT just a push on some unlikely legislation.... However, as usual, the PPA has ignored the fight being waged over the Regs.

There WILL be Regulations, there WILL be a Comment period, why not address that with your members, PPA ? You can be damned sure Focus On Family will do so.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:36 PM

Default Re: As usual, the PPA has its head up its ass, the fight is over regs now!

[ QUOTE ]
Focus on Family knows that this isa fight over the content and comments on the Regs, NOT just a push on some unlikely legislation.... However, as usual, the PPA has ignored the fight being waged over the Regs.

There WILL be Regulations, there WILL be a Comment period, why not address that with your members, PPA ? You can be damned sure Focus On Family will do so.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they're working this behind the scenes but, as usual, the only regular citizens writing specifically to the folks writing the regs are us.

I've sent them a few emails to encourage a more action, along with ways to do that. I guess we'll see.