Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2007, 11:03 AM

Default 10NL Possible cooler?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 9 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

Villan is 39.71/11.76/1.33

SB: $10.10
BB: $11.95
UTG: $17.20
UTG+1: $5.70
MP1: $12.15
Villan (MP2): $8.40
MP3: $3.30
CO: $8.65
Hero (BTN): $12.35

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (9 Players)
2 folds, MP1 calls $0.10, <font color="red">Villan raises to $0.75</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.75, 3 folds

Right now I think this guy has a big hand, after the raise he has a little less than 7.5 left and I think I can almost profitably call for set value here, am I right in calling thinking I have to flop a set to win?

Flop: ($1.75) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Villan bets $1.60</font>, Hero calls $1.60

Right now I am still not sure where I am at, and my call is hoping to freeze my opp.

Turn: ($4.95) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Villan bets $2.00</font>, Hero calls $2.00

Once he bet this small on the turn I was starting to think that my hand was good. I called hoping to see a cheap showdown.

River: ($8.95) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)

Got lucky and rivered a Q so now I am 99% sure I am good, what do I do if I don't river a Q? What if an A rivers? A blank?
Old 08-06-2007, 11:31 AM

Default Re: 10NL Possible cooler?

First off, I would reraise PF everytime. Then you dont have to ask this question on the flop "Right now I am still not sure where I am at, and my call is hoping to freeze my opp." Plus, do you really think at 10NL FR that someone is going to raise 7.5X the BB with anything better than QQ? Maybe AK which it looks like he probably had.

You turned yourself into a calling station by not reraising PF and now you have no idea where you're at throughout the hand plus you let him keep the lead when you most likely had the best hand. I'm sure he ended up showing you AK which is why you're posting but had you reraised PF and fired a C-bet on the flop you're taking the hand down right there instead of letting him catch up.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:48 AM

My 2c. (Feel free to critisise, this might not be gospel)

I dont think there's any reason to believe you're behind pre-flop. I've seen people at this level raise huge with AK often enough, i'm guessing because they know they 'should' but arn't really sure what do to if they miss the flop, so they try and take the limpers/blinds bets PF. Equally he could be holding a pair, either lower or higher than yours but you can't tell unless you raise. I'd probably raise to about $2.20 or something like that, if he pushes then it's up to you based on what you've seen him go AIPF with before.

Flop. As played I'd probably raise here again, but calling is okay too I guess if you plan to raise him on the turn.

Turn. In this case I think a call is okay. My reasoning is that JJ/TT/KK/AA all beat you here and none of them are folding to a raise. The hand that you *do* beat like AK/AQ/AJ/99 will all fold with the possible exception of AJ. Might as well just call and see what he does on the river. He doesn't seem too confident on the turn and there's a possibilty he'll make a big bluff with a worse hand and then you can nail him. (Not sure about this would welcome critisism)

River. It's pretty good, you beat a lot more hands, although AK now has a straight. Still I think you can happily bet/raise now. If the river was an Ace just check/fold. If it's a blank i'd probably have a small bet if he checked. Not too sure what i'd do if he made a bigger bet.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:58 AM

The cooler is not raising anywhere.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First off, I would reraise PF everytime. Then you dont have to ask this question on the flop "Right now I am still not sure where I am at, and my call is hoping to freeze my opp." Plus, do you really think at 10NL FR that someone is going to raise 7.5X the BB with anything better than QQ? Maybe AK which it looks like he probably had.

You turned yourself into a calling station by not reraising PF and now you have no idea where you're at throughout the hand plus you let him keep the lead when you most likely had the best hand. I'm sure he ended up showing you AK which is why you're posting but had you reraised PF and fired a C-bet on the flop you're taking the hand down right there instead of letting him catch up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I accept your ideas here, and I did play the hand poorly and that is why I posted the hand. Thank you for your help, but if I wanted to post a bad beat it would have been in BBV.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:44 PM

Re-raise preflop against this drooler you are way ahead of his range. Hand plays different if you do this. As played Arrrrrrrrrr In!!! on the river, I see into villain's soul. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Villains stack is ~4.00 on the river. I think we might be obligated to call pretty much anything getting better than 3 to 1 even if he shoves in the rest. Although an A hitting makes me cry a little.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure he ended up showing you AK which is why you're posting but had you reraised PF and fired a C-bet on the flop you're taking the hand down right there instead of letting him catch up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at villain post flop agg stats, he's not double barreling AK with only a gut shot. He's pretty much betting only made hands once he gets to the turn.