Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2007, 07:07 AM

Default PT and PAHUD Question

I'm apparently blatantly missing this somewhere and I'm sorry if this has been asked repeatedly. According to Stars and the sticky at the top of the board, it's not possible to datamine at Stars. I've always assumed this was true and have never attempted to use PT for mining Stars other than manually entering my tournament info.

In several posts, however, I see people listing VPIP, AF, etc... stats for various people throughout tournaments. I've also seen screenshots on PAHUD's site showing stats on Stars. Is this only done for the current game and not saved to the PT database? I'm assuming it's possible to use pahud somehow on Stars as I hear of it being done often, but I'm confused as to how this is not datamining or how it's possible.

Someone help me out as I've recently abandoned FTP and moved exclusively to PS and would love to be able to easily read opp stats when multitabling.

Again, sorry if it's an obvious answer that apparently I'm missing, but would appreciate the help.

Thanks in advance.

(If this sounds like rambling and makes no sense, blame my sleep schedule. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )
Old 08-06-2007, 09:37 AM

Default Re: PT and PAHUD Question

Datamining is the collection of hands that you DO NOT play in.

Importing the hand histories that PokerStars saves to your harddrive into PokerTracker and then displaying those numbers with PA is perfectly legal and not datamining.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:59 AM

Default Re: PT and PAHUD Question

[ QUOTE ]
Datamining is the collection of hands that you DO NOT play in.

Importing the hand histories that PokerStars saves to your harddrive into PokerTracker and then displaying those numbers with PA is perfectly legal and not datamining.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. Knew I was missing something obvious.