Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2007, 05:13 AM

Default Trying to rebuild a roll, all advice needed!

Hey guys, I got a question about rebuilding a bankroll. In the last year I have been up and down so much and the last 3 months I have been broke. I have only played a couple of times, on a friends account if I give him the cash to play on his account. So come September, I plan on making an $800 deposit into Pokerstars. I currently play on Full Tilt but I want to make the switch to Stars for the tournament aspect. I am not a great cash game player but I have had some success in tournaments throughout my online career. The reason I keep swinging and going broke is that I start to play cash games and quite frankly they are my leak. So I want to put this money in on Stars and play ONLY Sit and Go's and Multi table tourneys. I have had great success with the $20 Heads up NCAA Bracket tournament (winning once and getting deep many other times). I was also checking out Stars because of the $11 rebuy, $55k guaranteed, the $22 $20k guaranteed tourney and also the $11 Sunday tournament. I feel that if I can make some deep cashes (which I know I am capable of doing) and staying out of the cash games for good, that I will be able to survive. But I do not want to just survive. I want to get some big scores under my belt. I feel that I have put in the hard work and effort but my stupidity (/cash game play) has held me back. I guess what I'm wondering is what stakes should I be playing with an $800 roll and what are some other tournaments to get into. I feel like playing up to $20 tournaments with only an $800 roll would be the right idea. Any other thoughts are greatly appreciated. Are the 180 person Sit and Go's good and if so, what stakes for an $800 bankroll? Thanks a lot guys!
Old 08-06-2007, 05:18 AM

Default Re: Trying to rebuild a roll, all advice needed!

Read the FAQ about bankroll requirements. Not sure if 180-person SnGs qualify as STTs.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:29 AM

Play the Sunday Million Satellites on Sundays, they are great for a bankroll your size. Of course you can play them on other days to but Sundays are softest and they run more often then.

Also, please use paragraphs when posting.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:29 AM

Try the $1.10 and $2.20 turbo satellites. to the sunday hundred grand. Unregister from the seats you win and use the $T to play more tourney's.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:31 AM

Also, realistically, if you can beat sngs, more than 100 buyins, or $800 is fine to play the $6.50's.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:18 AM

So what you guys are saying is that if I win a seat into the Sunday Million, I can just hit "unregister" and then $216 will be credited into my account (even if I won a seat for like $10?) If that's the case, that is a great idea.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:55 AM

There are some good discussions on bank roll management, use the search function. If I had $800 and wanted to concentrate on sngs and mtts at Stars I would do a few things:

1. I would check out sngwizard or sng power tools for ICM help in sngs.
2. I would get poker tracker to easily keep track of results and get hhs to post on 2p2.
3. If I haven't played many sngs I would start at the 3.40s and play 20 or so to get the hang of them then play the 6.50s.
4. As low as your starting roll is, I would play the 70fpp sats to the sunday 100k.
5. I would try to play mtts with entry fees of 1% or less of your roll.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So what you guys are saying is that if I win a seat into the Sunday Million, I can just hit "unregister" and then $216 will be credited into my account (even if I won a seat for like $10?) If that's the case, that is a great idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you get the T$, but yes
Old 08-07-2007, 07:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

is that true? if you unregister then the tournement fee will be added to your account?
whats T$?
Old 08-07-2007, 08:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

is that true? if you unregister then the tournement fee will be added to your account?
whats T$?

[/ QUOTE ]
T$ are Pokerstars "tournament dollars". They can only be used to enter into pokerstars tournaments. So if you plan on playing more tournaments anyways, they are as good as real money. If you don't plan on entering more tournaments, you can usually sell T$ for slightly less.