Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2007, 09:58 PM

Default 25NL - Flop Two Pair in BB vs. LAGtard

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 8 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $7.60
Hero (BB): $31.40
UTG: $24.50
UTG+1: $3.10
MP1: $25.65
MP2: $19.80
CO: $31.40 - <font color="blue">villain is your run-of-the-mill 50/20/1.8 LAGtard</font>
BTN: $29.80

Preflop: Hero is dealt T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (8 Players)
UTG calls $0.25, 3 folds, CO calls $0.25, BTN calls $0.25, SB calls $0.15, Hero checks

Flop: ($1.25) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $0.25</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, UTG folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $2.25</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls $1.00

Turn: ($6) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $3.00</font>, CO calls $3.00

River: ($12) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $5.00</font>, CO calls $5.00

Pot Size: $22.00 ($1.05 Rake)

I was going to check-raise the turn until the 8 hit, which completed T8 and JQ, both squarely in his range. I changed my plan to bet/folding the turn and the river. What do you guys think?
Old 08-05-2007, 10:48 PM

Default Re: 25NL - Flop Two Pair in BB vs. LAGtard

I hate your turn and river lines..

Even you plan on bet/folding these streets, you should be doing so with the intention of sometimes it working as a bluff. Therefore, make these bets larger.

However, against a 50/20/1 I don't like the thought of turning our hand into a bluff..

I just go ahead and try and get thsi money in on the flop vs this type of player...

Basically against bad players you should be looking for ways to firstly maximize value vs them, and secondly when unsure you should be looking for ways to get to showdowns. You should never vs bad players be looking for ways to put money in the pot and then fold.

Old 08-05-2007, 11:01 PM

Default Re: 25NL - Flop Two Pair in BB vs. LAGtard

[ QUOTE ]

Basically against bad players you should be looking for ways to firstly maximize value vs them, and secondly when unsure you should be looking for ways to get to showdowns. You should never vs bad players be looking for ways to put money in the pot and then fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent insight. Thank you.