Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Limit-->NL
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2007, 08:17 PM

Default TT vs reraise

hey there; I've played over 150K of limit-full ring/6max hands, and maybe 10-30K of NL, haven't really counted. Usually I suck at discipline when I play NL but I'm getting there...anyhow...

Villain here is unknown.
Questions:
<font color="blue">1) do I have enough implied odds to call this preflop reraise?
2) flop is standard push?
3) Other comments?</font>

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $10.50
BB: $10.00
UTG: $6.55
Hero (CO): $10.45
BTN: $9.05

Preflop: Hero is dealt (5 Players)
UTG calls $0.10, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.45</font>, BTN calls $0.45, SB folds, <font color="red">BB raises to $1.95</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls $1.50, BTN folds

Flop: ($4.50) (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $4.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero ??
Old 08-05-2007, 08:33 PM

Default Re: TT vs reraise

I don't think you can call the pf3b. I don't think you can do anything except push on the flop.
Old 08-05-2007, 08:34 PM

Pushing the flop is fine -- calling and letting him stack off on the turn is probably OK too, since you have position and don't have to worry about it being checked through.

However, I don't think you have odds to call for set value here preflop -- you're only getting 5:1 if you stack him every time, which you won't, and it's 8:1 to hit a set anyway. So unless you can be sure of this guy's tendencies (and you really can't, since you say he's unknown) I'd say you should be letting this go before the flop.
Old 08-05-2007, 09:38 PM

unless you have good reason to believe you have more than just set value here, you need to fold pf.

the flop is a standard shove for me.
Old 08-05-2007, 10:08 PM

If'n you look at your stack, 10.45, and his raise, 1.95 you can see that your possible HU winnings are about 10.5:2, nowhere near the 8:1 for set value.
Old 08-05-2007, 10:15 PM

i have no clue how a game that size plays, so may have been a fine raise and call preflop. both the 4.5bb raise and the additional 10.5bb call are a bit much for "small" stakes games, not sure about micro stakes.

on the flop i'd just call against an aggro but not tell people that i just called because there's so little left and it can't be right to just call but if he bluffs or pushes often enough compared to the likelihood of him drawing out on you if he's behind (four outs max) you should call.

against a not-so-aggressive opponent yeah shove.
Old 08-05-2007, 10:20 PM

OIC...wow feel like a total nOOb. But I can only win his's stack, which is $10, so it's really 10:1.5, no? I guess ATM I wasn't doing math. Funny.

What are the standard implied odds? given all factors--i.e. sometimes we are ahead now, sometimes vs a big pair, we both make a set and thus I get stacked. Sometimes the big pair catches the 2-outer. Sometimes we don't stack villain. Does the 7.5:1 just work OK?
Old 08-05-2007, 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OIC...wow feel like a total nOOb. But I can only win his's stack, which is $10, so it's really 10:1.5, no? I guess ATM I wasn't doing math. Funny.

What are the standard implied odds? given all factors--i.e. sometimes we are ahead now, sometimes vs a big pair, we both make a set and thus I get stacked. Sometimes the big pair catches the 2-outer. Sometimes we don't stack villain. Does the 7.5:1 just work OK?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not a nit when it comes to poker math precisions... But use whatever odds you're using in limit it's just you're using stacks:bet rather than pot:bet. 'What's the most I could possibly win' vs 'what do I have to call'.

That 'What's the most I could possibly win' question includes 'can I get him to stack off once my card hits'. Oftentimes with flushes the answer is a coinflip depending on the skill of the player. Str8's can be easier since they can be disguised... set's are the most disguised since you hold 2/3rd's of them.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:06 AM

fold pre... 5/10 rule dude, the 3bet is 15% of ur stack with only alittle more than 1:1 in the pot on the call

flop doesnt really matter what u do I dont think... Qx KK AA maybe AK AJ JJ Tx or 99 probably stack off after putting 65% of their stack in preflop and on the flop... AK JJ AJ Tx or 99 may call now more than an all in on the turn but thats up for debate, but total air wont have the chance to shove the turn so I'm not sure (thoughts?) a flush draw definitely helps ur case to get looked up lighter tho