Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2006, 04:06 PM

Default tunica

Where is the best place to stay and play poker in tunica.

Thanks

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 02-26-2006, 04:24 PM

Default Re: tunica

horseshoe
Old 02-26-2006, 04:58 PM

If you like low limit, I'd suggest the Grand. It has a small poker room (10 tables + 8 for tournaments)with a lot of inexperienced players. In my limited Tunica playing experience (10 or so sessions at Grand, Horseshoe, and Gold Strike), there seems to be a lot more fish in the Grand games. I played there for 20+ hours over the President's Day weekend and turned a pretty good profit. I played $4/8
(loose and aggro game), $3/6 (requested by a tour bus full of middle-aged ladies) and $2/10 7 stud (locals + drunks waiting for the tournament) on one of the days.

$4/8-be patient and survive the swings. I bought in for $160, got down to $40, ended back up + $50 in 10 hours.
Lots of chasers, raisers, and suckouts. Crazy game.

$3/6-requested by the bus tour group. Floor said it hadn't been spread since the summer. I sat down at around 12:30 PM, 9 players, 6 never played live poker before, 2 had a clue but saw almost every flop, 1 tight old man-the bus driver ! I bought in for $120, ended up + $180 in only two hours of play. This was the type of game that you dream about. I guess no one respected me at the table after I'd won a few pots, because they'd chase me down to the river with anything. Good times.

$2/10 7 stud-game didn't get going 1st day I was there, got going around 3PM second day. Game started with 8 players, got down to 5 within an hour. Two locals who play in this stud game a lot suggested that since we were shorthanded lets request the max bet be raised to $20 anytime. So, everyone agreed and the floor let us play $2/20 stud.
The dealers were loving it, action at a 7CS table !
Fun game, not many $20 bets though. I ended up an additional $140 after about 3 hours.

BTW, $2/5 NL game did not get going the two days I was there. The same day the floor started the $3/6 & $2/20 stud, some of the drunks with $ from one of the $4/8 games requested $1/2 NL. I don't think everyone agreed though.
Old 02-26-2006, 05:10 PM

how about poker rate for the room?
Gold Strike seems to have really cheap room rates($25 on weekdays, and $35 on weekends), but I am not sure if the rooms are nice.
I guess that really doent matter too much. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-26-2006, 05:12 PM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?

The Gold Strike is nice. I will staying at the Horsehoe tomorrow through Wednesday.
Old 02-26-2006, 06:04 PM

The Gold Strike rooms are very nice. You can get the same rate at the Horseshoe, but I've never stayed there. They're always booked up at least a month in advance, and I can't plan that far ahead.
Old 02-26-2006, 06:36 PM

Maybe your search string should be the same as your thread title.