Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2007, 07:49 AM

Default Popular situation

v: 18.35/8.24/2.05 - 260 hands

This situations appear many times and i always not sure do I play it right.

0.25/0.50 Fixed-Limit Hold'em <font color="blue">(9 handed)</font>
Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="grey">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="red">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="grey">3 folds</font>, <font color="red">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="grey">3 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (7.4 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="red">UTG+2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

<ul type="square">What here has better EV?
1) call donker and punish him at turn with raise using im in position
2) raise him just now cus there is FD at flop

(i dont have reads, only stats)[/list]Turn: (4.7 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="red">UTG+2 bets</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, <font color="red">UTG+2 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10.7 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="red">UTG+2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.7 BB
Old 08-05-2007, 08:13 AM

Default Re: Popular situation

I would play it the same, waiting for the turn usually maximizes your EV if he has a made hand, a bluff, or a flush draw, assuming he bets the turn and calls down a raise with made hands. It's a crying calldown when he 3 bets the turn.
Old 08-05-2007, 01:12 PM

18.35/8.24/2.05

WTF does a dude with these stats play this way (55 or TT maybe)? I don't really get anything else and his play is awful with AK.
Old 08-05-2007, 01:14 PM

I play it the same. I think you're chopping with AK most of the time, although there is a chance you got unlucky against TT.
Old 08-05-2007, 02:39 PM

Shillx, why is villains play awful with AK? because he donks flop?
Old 08-05-2007, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
18.35/8.24/2.05

WTF does a dude with these stats play this way (55 or TT maybe)? I don't really get anything else and his play is awful with AK.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure stats will say enough like he donks with / say A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Dunno...

either way I like a flop raise here. If he 3-bets then I'm calling it a freeroll situation.
Old 08-05-2007, 09:44 PM

Grunch

I like the line you took. Usually I do what I think will get more money in the pot at this point. You could call the flop here (which you did, obv) if you think he'll bet again on the turn, allowing you to bump him there (well done). If you think he's just donking for no reason and is not likely to bet again, then a raise on the flop is more important IMO.

Your raise on the turn is also more +EV (am I wrong here?) than a flop raise. Since a T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] did not complete any sort of flush draw or straight draw, you can be reasonably sure you have the best hand at this point. Since you got 3-bet, you might be looking at TT, KT, or AK. I'd say AK is more likely.

Finally, it's kinda a no-brainer on the river. Call and see what villain is packin'. I'd say well played.
Old 08-05-2007, 11:49 PM

it seems like TT.
Old 08-05-2007, 11:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Shillx, why is villains play awful with AK? because he donks flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Put yourself in Villain's shoes and then estimate hero's range as of the turn raise.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
18.35/8.24/2.05

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying this is a fold? Haven't played much fullring so I don't really know if you can fold here. I take it it's an easy fold live?