Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2007, 06:47 AM

Default tourney/dealer question

playing at Planet Hollywood in their 2pm $60 tourney.....pretty decent workable structure for the value...

anyhow, with 2 tables left i m in a 3 way pot all in. i have the short stack with 8500, but win the main pot.

i get shipped my chips but realize during the next hand that i m short. i have 18K and should have 25K+.

i say something to the dealer but she says that it s too late b/c the hand is over...she apologizes

i m upset but the thing is IT IS my responsibility to make sure the chips are right.

anyhow, the guy who had me covered was really nice and threw me a 5K chip....said he didnt wanna get screwed by karma.

so 2 questions...

1) i m 99% sure the dealer is right and i couldnt do anything to retrieve the chips i lost. or is there anything i could have done?

2) when the nice guy threw me the 5K chip, was this even legal and could another player at the table called floor to prevent the "exchange"

thanks for any input in advance.
Old 08-05-2007, 10:44 AM

Default Re: tourney/dealer question

[ QUOTE ]

1) i m 99% sure the dealer is right and i couldnt do anything to retrieve the chips i lost. or is there anything i could have done?

[/ QUOTE ]
Any claim to a pot or errors cannot be corrected if the error isn't brought to the attention of the dealer/floor before the first riffle of the shuffle for the following hand.

[ QUOTE ]

2) when the nice guy threw me the 5K chip, was this even legal and could another player at the table called floor to prevent the "exchange"

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't allowed even if there was an error that wasn't fixed. Exchanging of chips is against the rules.

Here's a quote of the rules from Bob's rules so those wondering may see it in writing:

[ QUOTE ]
5. A ruling may be made regarding a pot if it has been requested before the next deal starts (or before the game either ends or changes to another table). Otherwise, the result of a deal must stand. The first riffle of the shuffle marks the start for a deal.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-05-2007, 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Any claim to a pot or errors cannot be corrected if the error isn't brought to the attention of the dealer/floor before the first riffle of the shuffle for the following hand.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't allowed even if there was an error that wasn't fixed. Exchanging of chips is against the rules.

Here's a quote of the rules from Bob's rules so those wondering may see it in writing:

[ QUOTE ]
5. A ruling may be made regarding a pot if it has been requested before the next deal starts (or before the game either ends or changes to another table). Otherwise, the result of a deal must stand. The first riffle of the shuffle marks the start for a deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
There is enough in this post to end this discussion.
Old 08-05-2007, 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good info. Maybe the WSOP rule is different, but I had a dispute in a hand there, and they said the hand was over when the pot was pushed.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good info. Maybe the WSOP rule is different, but I had a dispute in a hand there, and they said the hand was over when the pot was pushed.

[/ QUOTE ]

If that's really true then it just shows again that the people who run the WSOP don't have a clue. So the dealer makes a mistake, pushed the chips and that's it? No recourse?
Old 08-06-2007, 03:12 AM

I suppose I could have asked for the King of Harrah's, but I believed what the floor told me and left(it knocked me out of a satellite).
Old 08-06-2007, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I suppose I could have asked for the King of Harrah's, but I believed what the floor told me and left(it knocked me out of a satellite).

[/ QUOTE ]
That sucks dude. I don't like hearing stories like this.