Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2007, 09:36 PM

Default VIDEO: ROUND OF STARS $6.50s

I FINALLY figured out how to compress this damn thing. I think that this file is a hair over 200MB.

Like I said before, this is my very 1st time making a video, so there are a lot of weird spots where I may have made mistakes, but hey, why not post it and talk about it...

Also, I'll make more that are way better than this.

Enjoy:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F1WGWWP2

Sorry about the music in the background... I didn't realize it was going to be so audible.
Old 08-05-2007, 12:13 AM

Default Re: VIDEO: ROUND OF STARS $6.50s

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry about the music in the background... I didn't realize it was going to be so audible.

[/ QUOTE ]

SOAD [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Sevendust [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-05-2007, 12:15 AM

Wow right away - complete with 95s in SB - spew.
Old 08-05-2007, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow right away - complete with 95s in SB - spew.

[/ QUOTE ]
oh boy... here it comes.... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-05-2007, 12:20 AM

On the AQs hand I would limp or fold because that's the table where you lost $600 with 95s. So any type of raise + c-bet would be about 30-50% of your stack.

Both TT hands look fine. AA hand isn't bad - I do that too sometimes.

With no limpers I wouldn't complete 67s in the sb.

On the AKo - since you're OOP I'd usually raise to get HU and hopefully take it down.

Don't complete 79s from the SB with only 1 limper.

Wow you complete 97o from the SB when that's the table you're low on chips...the SB is the worst position on the table...in general you should be extremely tight there.

That cutoff AQ open muck with 5 players left is pretty bad.

I don't understand why you raise for 80% of your stack to "commit yourself" - just push.

I'd fold the AJs in EP - the table still looked like it was full.

I'd shove the AKs on the button - the sb and bb had 10BB or less remaining.

OMG you gotta put that SB all in when you have AT and he limps with 500 chips behind.
Old 08-05-2007, 12:31 AM

BTW - I think at the end, the audio somehow ends up a hair ahead of the video... just thought I'd let you know.
Old 08-05-2007, 01:41 AM

Interesting watching so far.

I agree with these:
[ QUOTE ]

That cutoff AQ open muck with 5 players left is pretty bad.

I don't understand why you raise for 80% of your stack to "commit yourself" - just push.

[/ QUOTE ]

At 25:19 in L4 you muck A7s in the sb vs bb. I dunno, but isn't this spot worth a 2.5x raise?
Old 08-05-2007, 01:49 AM

I guess I'll transfer my thoughts from the other post:

9 min: I think you played 10s here fine. Folding is too tight and you dont want to do anything other than call I think.

13 min Hand where you weren't sure about what to do with AK: I would definitly raise here, not just call. Yes you might get pushed over and then you have a tough choice but I think there is a very good chance you have the best hand, and if you raise it up then LP and MP can't really call you

13:30ish I probably fold 10s here

18min Limping 3s here is OK I think... although folding is fine too

19 min You had a sick hand and flopped quads. I think you should have tried to slowplay it more, instead of reraising maybe just call. Unless villian has a PP, which in this case he did, he is folding on the spots. And you already know he is drawing dead, so maybe let him see another card or two before you push on him

20min Id fold 33, not enough people left to make set hunting profitable

21 min why FOLD AQ? If you don't want to push, thats OK (I would push), but still have enough BB where you can 3x raise. Don't worry so much about getting pushed over players at this level I doubt will sense your weakness to go AI.

22 I think you realized this as a mistake as soon as it happened. I wouldn't shove against open limpers, unless you start getting real desperate. It took me a long time to realize this, but at low buy ins people will call way wider than they should because they just don't know what is going on. Limping AQ by him was a pretty gross play in its own right, but at this level you really can't give your opp too much credit

23 min: why not shove QQ?

You “raised to commit” a number of times. Does this seem to be more profitable for you at this buyin level? I'd think that most players would be able to see that, do you really induce a shove over that often when they wouldn't normally call? I’d think it wouldn’t make much difference one way or the other… shoving just seems easier.

23:50 I don’t think A10 is quite good enough to push here. You’re right it is very close, but I am guessing its AJ or AJs+

27:42 You can push here… although I think folding is fine too

28:50ish AJs shove, I think this is definitely the right play. Yes it is very close, I fold A10 here, but I think AJ+ is a good range

28:56 why fold AJ from sb?

30:25 I don’t think you can push here

30:28 I’d just call with AQ here

30:45 Its close, but I am pretty sure it is a push there with A7s

31:32 I’d fold A3

34:38 I think you need JJ+ here to call… not sure though

35:33 You have to push here

37:48 SB completes… I would push here

38:48ish I would push AQ here, especially with BB sitting out

39:49 you have to push 56 here

40:06 ditto

41:07 I’d fold KJo UTG here

42:53 I’d fold Q6. Big stack is in the BB and will be calling wide

44:20 Push

44:55 44UTG on the bubble. You can’t push as wide as you’d normally be able to here. I don’t know the exact range but I think 44 is definitely a fold

47:03 push Blind on blind

51:07 fold

Some general thoughts:

You seem to play low PP pretty randomly early on in the tournament. I would lean towards folding from early and MP. there is nothing wrong with mixing up your play it just might make things easier for you if you establish some kind of guildline for yourself.

I think the biggest weakness in your game is the pre-bubble mid game. The 50-100 and 75-150 blind levels. IMO this is the hardest part of these to play, and just comes with experience. I talked a little bit about this in my video too as I struggle here a lot, so I'm certainly not the best person to give advice.

A lot of the borderline hands you posted were also ones I commented on, I'd be curious to see what the results are if you did run it through SNGPT

Late game I would push more hands, especially blind on blind. Running bad sucks, but even if you don't improve any at all, you are definitely good enough to beat the 6.50s
Old 08-05-2007, 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

38:48ish I would push AQ here, especially with BB sitting out

[/ QUOTE ]

Also you had the solid multi-tabler in the SB who you probably won't call an UTG AI light, so I think this was definitely a push.
Old 08-05-2007, 02:37 AM

How the [censored] do you play so many sngs? Holy [censored].