Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2007, 07:21 PM

Default $1.2 mattiesmat - Bubble Trouble

Here is part 3 of my ‘trouble hands’. In this part I will post in the bubble, of which I was unsure of the correct play.

Problem hands part 3 – Bubble trouble:
Note: they are from multiple games

-- Hand 1c, BB=100 4 handed --

CO (t3715)
Button (t4900)
Hero (t1190)
BB (t3695)

Preflop: Hero is in SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">CO folds</font>, Button calls t100, <font color="red">Hero raises to t1190 (All-in)</font>, <font color="gray">BB folds</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>
I was not sure how to play AA in this situation. I thought I should shove it, but I wanted to accumulate some chips also. Could I have ‘slow played’/value betted this? How?

-- hand 2b, BB=200 4 handed --

CO (t3940)
Button (t2480)
Hero (t3130)
BB (t3950)
Preflop: Hero is in SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">CO folds</font>, Button calls t200, <font color="red">Hero raises to t600</font>, BB calls t400, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>
Raise and amount correct here?

-- Hand 3b, BB=200 4 handed --

CO (t2280)
Hero (t2030)
SB (t5250)
BB (t3940)
Preflop: Hero is in Button with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to t2030 (All-in)</font>, SB calls t1930, <font color="gray">BB folds</font>
66 on the button with 10 BB’s = push, correct?
-- Hand 4b, BB=150 4 handed --

CO (t4015)
Button (t1125)
SB (t6610)
Hero (t1750)
Preflop: Hero is in BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
CO calls t150, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, SB calls t75, Hero checks
Flop: (t450) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets t1600 (All-in)</font>, <font color="gray">CO folds</font>, SB calls t1600
Push correct here?

-- hand 5b, BB=200 4 handed --

CO (t2210)
Button (t5885)
SB (t3255)
Hero (t2150)
Preflop: Hero is in BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="red">Button raises to t400</font>, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to t2150 (All-in)</font>, Button calls t1750
88 enough to push after a min raise?
Old 08-04-2007, 07:42 PM

Default Re: $1.2 mattiesmat - Bubble Trouble

Hand 1: I raise to 350 pf at a 1.20. If I've been shoving alot lately then I lean towards shoving but 1.2 players are horrible and probably won't realize that your smaller raise is something different.

Hand 2: Looks ok.

Hand 3: Looks fine.

Hand 4: I'd rather bet 250 on the flop.

Hand 5: Yeah I push this unless villain has been a complete nit.
Old 08-04-2007, 07:47 PM

If you dont have SNG-Wiz download it and try it.

Hand 1: If you haven't been pushing a lot (which I guess you haven't) I would raise 300-350. If you have been pushing a lot push again.

Hand 2: I would go 500 and and if you get it heads up cbet 1/2-2/3 the pot.

Hand 3: Fold. SNG-Wiz says 88+,AJ+,ATs+ &amp; I would push less. It is very important though to know how active all the players are -- how loose is CO being? Will the big stacks get involved with each other?

Hand 4: You should be super cautious here. Remember also that these guys love to call big bets with draws. So if you are called you are either way behind or only a 60-40 favorite. Getting it all in here as a 60-40 favorite is not good.

Hand 5: SNG-Wiz with default (open 35% call 20%) says its a go, but the range is probably off. I think he is folding like never, so I would let this go. Much better at this limit to push into an un-raised pot.
Old 08-04-2007, 07:50 PM

H1. If we are desperate to make a move, we push allot of hand here because we have fold equity, so by definition we don't expect our push to be called. I don't mind the push here, given the big stacks position, but I much prefer a 3XBB raise that big stack will most likely call. We then play some post flop poker with an overpair as a minimum holding. Not a bad position to be in, and more than our current stacdk deserves to expect.

H2. I raise to 4-5XBB just because we are OOP and there is value in taking the pot down now.

H3.I probably do the same, althou technically I am unsure as to wether or not we are strictly desperate enough to be in push/fold mode here.

H4. This is a situation where I maybe don't play very well either. I probably try and C/R all in because a) The player acting behind has enough of a stack to bluff at this, and b) if the player acting behind us makes a move he is less likely to get looked up.

H5.88 definately enough if big stack has been active (as he should be)
Old 08-04-2007, 07:52 PM

I ran h3 with sntpt, at worst it's a BE play at best it's a good push. I push this all day.
Old 08-04-2007, 07:58 PM

Deuce7&gt;&gt; What is BE?
Old 08-04-2007, 08:03 PM

Thanks again.
Yes I have SNG-W (for 15 more days), and I do check most of my bubble hands, although I am not an expert on ranges.

I have a few general questions about bubble play:
- When are you in push fold mode? I set the limit around 10x BB, given the situation.

- I have read articles about ICM, but I would like to know what some of you (good) players do during the bubble. Do you use ICM calculator during the hand or do you act on your experience/guesses or a mix of both? How about when you multi table?

- What do you do after a game/set of games? Do you check SNG-W? Anything else?
Old 08-04-2007, 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Deuce7&gt;&gt; What is BE?

[/ QUOTE ]
BE = Break Even I guess.
Cool, I might have just learned someone something poker related! ^^
Old 08-04-2007, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I ran h3 with sntpt, at worst it's a BE play at best it's a good push. I push this all day.

[/ QUOTE ]
I got with the default "Average" opponents SB/BB calling top 18% (A5+,KQ+,KTs+,33+) it is -.14. Maybe I did something wrong though.

Oops I just realized you used SNGPT and not SNGWiz. Honestly, I think the big stacks are calling at least top 18% in a 1.20.
Old 08-04-2007, 08:20 PM

I have a few general questions about bubble play:
- When are you in push fold mode? I set the limit around 10x BB, given the situation.

About 12 bbs, as always it depends.

- I have read articles about ICM, but I would like to know what some of you (good) players do during the bubble. Do you use ICM calculator during the hand or do you act on your experience/guesses or a mix of both? How about when you multi table?

I'm certainly not a good player, I only play 6.50s. I generally go through HHs after I play. I play 4 tables at once so running them during the hand is impossible for me. After reviewing hhs on sngpt you get the basic gist of pushing, calling hands.