Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2007, 07:01 PM

Default Not sure about this ruling...

Weird Spot last night at my table I was not involved in the hand though

Tournament Blinds are 2k/4k
15 People left, top 8 get paid
Button is in seat 10

Seat 5 Raises to 15k Pre flop

Seat 8 re raises all in to 22,500 (another 7500)

The dealer counts out the stack, and seat 5 DOES NOT ANNOUNCE call, the dealer says flip up your cards. Not realizing that seat 8 had more chips, seat 5 flips up his cards and shows A8. Seat 8 shows A9. The dealer burns and runs the flop of Q73. After realizing what had happened, the dealers asks Seat 5 if he called. After someone else says they also had A8 but it was mucked preflop Seat 5 objects that he didnt call. The floor is called over...What should the correct ruling be in this situation?

I will post what the floor had decided after a few responses...
Old 08-04-2007, 07:22 PM

Default Re: Not sure about this ruling...

this sucks because seat 5 is pot committed to a call... even if he knows that someone else mucked A8.

I would love to say that seat 5 did not protect his action but it seems unfair to force an all in on him even though he would have called anyway.

I am not a trained floorman but I am pretty sure that it would be correct to rule that the flop is pulled back and the deck is reshuffled and seat 5 is given the option to call. This seems to be the only reasonable play because you can't force someone to put chips into the pot when he did not call.
Old 08-04-2007, 07:23 PM

There is still action pending so either way the flop has to come back. Seat 5 has the option on if he's going to call the raise. If he calls the flop comes back. The stub and flop (not the burn) are re-shuffled and a new flop comes out without a burn.
Old 08-05-2007, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am not a trained floorman but I am pretty sure that it would be correct to rule that the flop is pulled back and the deck is reshuffled and seat 5 is given the option to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

In my experience, there's no such thing as a "trained" floorman. You get thrown into the job, and it's sink or swim.

I'm not a trained floorman, but I am an experienced floorman...and I agree with your ruling.