Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2007, 04:43 AM

Default middle pair vs 2 lags

15/30 cp - 4 handed
UTG is bad lag, button is horrible lag and feels obligated to bet every time it's checked to him no matter what he has.

UTG raises, button calls, i callin the sb with J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] , BB calls.

flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
check, check, bet, raise, i call, bb folds, UTG calls.

turn: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
checked around [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

river: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
checked to the button who tanks for about 45 seconds and decides to bet, i raise
Old 08-04-2007, 04:50 AM

Default Re: middle pair vs 2 lags

I think calling quickly accomplishes the same thing. You think UTG can overcall here with a jack to chop? I like a flop check / 3 bet if UTG can ever release a jack or even possibly QQ here. If that's just going to showdown regardless of what you do cuz the game was playing nuts then I think your coldcall is fine.

-DeathDonkey
Old 08-04-2007, 04:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
15/30 cp - 4 handed
UTG is bad lag, button is horrible lag and feels obligated to bet every time it's checked to him no matter what he has.

UTG raises, button calls, i callin the sb with J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] , BB calls.

flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
check, check, bet, raise, i call, bb folds, UTG calls.

turn: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
checked around [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

river: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
checked to the button who tanks for about 45 seconds and decides to bet, i raise

[/ QUOTE ]

Soap this guy spazzed on the flop w/ Ax and was trying to get to sd cheaply. Your cc scared him so he checked turn. He will never fold to your river cr. Also, fold the flop.
Old 08-04-2007, 05:03 AM

It might be worth it to fold QQ out, but I dont think button vbs a J. Soap who was button? pm if you want.
Old 08-04-2007, 06:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Your cc scared him so he checked turn. He will never fold to your river cr

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. true he will call the river with any made hand atall but its also true that he could have raised the flop hoping for a free card with something daft like K-10 or Q-9s ive seen that kinda play alot from donkey lags, its entirely posible he missed his draw and decided that a bet might win it since everyone checked it twice. I think this river decision depends alot on the button if he is the type to raise alot for free cards then i'd realy like the river play but the other lag behind me would put me off making this move here.

Above all else i think its important to recognise that this is a raise or fold situation.
Old 08-04-2007, 09:40 AM

Interesting hand. I actually really like it because you make it almost impossible for UTG to call with QQ or KK or a jack. I disagree with death donkey that a quick call accomplishes the same thing. Most of the Lagtards don't really pay attention to things like that, but they'll definitely notice 60 more to call.
Old 08-04-2007, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Your cc scared him so he checked turn. He will never fold to your river cr

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. true he will call the river with any made hand atall but its also true that he could have raised the flop hoping for a free card with something daft like K-10 or Q-9s ive seen that kinda play alot from donkey lags, its entirely posible he missed his draw and decided that a bet might win it since everyone checked it twice. I think this river decision depends alot on the button if he is the type to raise alot for free cards then i'd realy like the river play but the other lag behind me would put me off making this move here.

Above all else i think its important to recognise that this is a raise or fold situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play in this game alot and Ive never seen anyone do this on an A high board.
Old 08-04-2007, 03:11 PM

Wow fold the flop.
Old 08-04-2007, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow fold the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-04-2007, 06:02 PM

fold that flop.