Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2007, 08:07 PM

Default Food allergies ect in Vegas

Hey, I'm going to Vegas again soon and my problem is that I have deadly allergies to nuts, fish and seafood. I'm also a vegetarian so it makes it a real pain in the @ss to feed me. I'm not so worried about the vegetarian part because I can always ask for something without meat.

Just wondering if there is anyone else who has similar allergies, and has found some safe places to eat in Vegas. I really don't feel like spending another few days there living off vegetarian pizza again. Pizza once a day is fine, but for every meal...

Thanks for any input, and no I'm not going to start eating meat. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I will be staying at TI if that helps.
Old 08-03-2007, 08:29 PM

Default Re: Food allergies ect in Vegas

Try this site:

Here

Good Luck!!

P [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 08-03-2007, 09:35 PM

Stop being a vegetarian? Find a place that fries chicken in something other than peanut oil?
Old 08-04-2007, 12:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Stop being a vegetarian? Find a place that fries chicken in something other than peanut oil?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the advice but you don't get it. This doesn't have much to do with the fact that I'm a vegetarian, it has to do with the fact that any trace of nuts, fish or seafood could kill me. Even if say they used the same knife to cut my sandwich that they also cut something I'm allergic to, that could be enough to kill me.

What I am looking for is people who have food allergies as serious as me (which there are many) and found a restaurant or two that they trust will make sure that thier meal won't kill them. Somewhere with chefs trained in things like cross contamination ect.

I know that yes, I could ask the places that I'm looking to eat at (which I will) but it helps to hear from other people who know what kind of trust it takes for me to eat out. Too often employees have your "don't give a sh*t attitude" and I spend the night not eating because I'm worried I'll have to stab myself in the leg with my epipen and go to the hospital.

Thanks for your input Annorax.
And thanks for reminding me why I rarely post in this "community".
Old 08-04-2007, 12:29 AM

Thanks for the link pismeyer, I will check some of those places out. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-04-2007, 12:39 AM

If god didnt want us to eat cows why did he make them out of steak??
Old 08-04-2007, 01:06 AM

Theres not much food options in the TI itself. Your best bet would probably be the food court in Fashion Show Mall that you can easily get to from an escalator in the TI.
If you're looking for more fancy food then I'm sure any of the finer eating places will be fine if you explain to your server the severity of your allergies.