Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2007, 06:24 PM

Default WSOP 2005...Kanter versus Black

Was it ever revealed what Andrew Black had on the huge hand he played with Kanter, where Kanter made Kings full of 3s? On the espn broadcast they only showed an Ace in Black's hand. I'm assuming he had AK, based on the play of the hand, but also seemed possible he had AA and got cold-decked. Just wondering if the details ever came out.
Old 08-03-2007, 06:48 PM

Default Re: WSOP 2005...Kanter versus Black

Black has said during a couple different interviews that the hand in question is one that he'll take to the grave. He said he's very embarrassed by his play in the hand, and that he won't reveal what he had.
Old 08-03-2007, 08:56 PM

black had no respect at all for kanters play and theres no way he had anything like AA or AK, he'd have stacked off no problem
Old 08-03-2007, 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
black had no respect at all for kanters play and theres no way he had anything like AA or AK, he'd have stacked off no problem

[/ QUOTE ]

Kanter played some hands really, really poorly and no doubt Black recognized that he was a rank amateur. However, if Black didn't realize he was in bad shape after Kanter smooth-called his check-raise on the flop, and then paid him off 2 million more on the river with only Ace-high, then he was the fish on that hand.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:40 PM

black also capable of playing very poorly though and is defintely capable of making a 2m call into 12m pot with A high, I dont think he'd have had any problem showing his hand to the cameras or telling people about it if he'd have had AK or AA, since he'd have just escaped a huge cooler with minimal damage

A8 is probably the most likely if black called the river fairly quickly, just a pure steal when kanter underbets the flop, but getting 6-1 black could certainly find some reason to call with A high, the pressure of the situation can easily be the reason
Old 08-04-2007, 12:21 AM

Location: tell them ill be here when they come 4 me, me and every single n1gga dat got love 4 me, see i got money on my mind, but the haters wont leave me alone, so im ridin everyday wit every pistol dat i own

i always thought he had something likr AQ
Old 08-04-2007, 12:18 PM

Pretty sure I have seen him say he had A9 and was bluffing the whole way until he hit a nine on the river and felt he had to call the smallish bet on the river to see what Donkey had.
Old 08-04-2007, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pretty sure I have seen him say he had A9 and was bluffing the whole way until he hit a nine on the river and felt he had to call the smallish bet on the river to see what Donkey had.

[/ QUOTE ]

Problem is, Kanter was basically unbluffable. It would make no sense to keep firing away trying to get him to fold. Look at how Kanter played Hachem when Hachem was folding hand after hand after hand and then finally went all in and Kanter called w/ garbage( I think Q-9).
Old 08-04-2007, 03:47 PM

Andy called the river with Ace high
Old 08-04-2007, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Problem is, Kanter was basically unbluffable. It would make no sense to keep firing away trying to get him to fold. Look at how Kanter played Hachem when Hachem was folding hand after hand after hand and then finally went all in and Kanter called w/ garbage( I think Q-9).

[/ QUOTE ]

Black played Kanter much the same way the FT played Yang this year.