Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2007, 04:31 PM

Default AQ flops TPTK on somewhat drawy board and checks behind turn

Anyone bet the turn here for value? That's a pretty bad card for my hand even though I picked up a gutshot. Against a villain capable of checkraising with a draw here, does anyone like checking behind and picking off a river bet/vbet?
I'm trying to mix up my checking behind on the turn with marginal as well as strong hands to seem less transparent.

Anyone make a small raise on the river for value?
Villain is 75/10/2/2.5/8

I feel like b/f is pretty similar to checking behind the turn here and calling or vbetting river.

Normally I'd bet this turn but I want comments on this play as to keep the pot small, especially given the fact that if we bet the turn, given his stack size, we are near pot committed by the river.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($73)
BB ($29.50)
UTG ($50.70)
Hero ($67.55)
CO ($87.70)
Button ($65.30)

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls $1.50.

Flop: ($4.25) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2.5</font>, BB calls $2.50.

Turn: ($9.25) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($9.25) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $4</font>, Hero calls $4.
Old 08-03-2007, 04:49 PM

Default Re: AQ flops TPTK on somewhat drawy board and checks behind turn

i think i bet the turn if this villians range is as wide as his stats suggest because your are in position. It then gives you the option on the river to check behind a scare card or vaslue bet a more sfe one

as played is ok, could even consider a donk minraise on the river for value
Old 08-03-2007, 04:49 PM

Default Re: AQ flops TPTK on somewhat drawy board and checks behind turn

i dont mind your turn check for pot control--- im pretty sure your ahead based on his river bet so id probably raise it 6 more for value, looks like J 9/ a weak Q or KJ to me, the only 2 hands that beat you in his range imo are QJ and 89.