Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2007, 10:19 AM

Default limping lp?

Ok I have a habit ofstealing alot preflop. Ive come to notice though that when im on the cutoff or button people look at my raise as a steal alot. Which it alot of times it it. Sometimes though im playing a good hand I dont want to commit a ton of chips to the pot with. (KQ,AJ,7s) Now I know your never sussposed to limp. In these spots when the game folds around to me is it ok to limp to play the blinds straight up? Thatw ay I dont get raised off of decent hands and I can play the blinds IP. I usaully never limp though. Just wondering in this spot if I should stick to the never limp strategy that I always use once the blinds start becoming worth stealing. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:21 AM

Default Re: limping lp?

early on I like to limp with PP and SC and look to hit monsters in multi-way pots. Late I just raise. If I get RR'ed I make the decision then as to what to do.

As far as AJ or KQ, I just raise when folded to in late position.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:31 AM

mixing it up makes it harder for them to play back at you...I mix in a few limps but have an idea what you will do in each instance if they raise you back...I'm inclined to limp a medium hand in late position and play poker some of the time
Old 08-03-2007, 10:34 AM

Yea early on I will limp but never later in the tourney. I usaully have a loose preflop image. Im just been getting played back on alot. It seems like late in these tourneys when they play back it will be like a bet that commits them to the pot. I dont even getany FE. Im sure sometimes they have hands but alot I know they dont. Maybe this is what I want so I get action with my monsters? This question pertains to 4.40 180s, and 10-20$ 1000 plus tourneys on stars FYI.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:35 AM

as a rule I try not to limp late but if you have an aggressive image and are raising that often a limp may make them even more suspicious and let you get a cheap look