Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2007, 07:46 AM

Default Making VIP club through HUSNGs?

Hi,

I've been playing very casual poker for over a year now. A lot of freerolls and low buy-in tournaments, microstakes cash games, etc. Probably average about 1h of poker per day over the last year. I've read a lot and calmed down a lot so I don't make any VERY bad bankroll decisions [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I love to play HUSNGs and I do win more than I lose, but as of yet I have no idea why. Maybe patience.
So my PStars account has seen a steady increase up to about $100 with me playing $2.20 HUSNGs.

My FPP account is up to couple hundred and now I became curious if it's possible to make SilverStar by just playing micro stakes HUSNGs? I do know it's separate from VPPs. I think I receive 1 VPP every time I play a $2.20 HUSNG? That would amount to about 50 HUSNG-s every day for the rest of August, which I think is a bit too much.

At which point, in bankroll, should I move up to $5 HUSNGs? Do these give 3 VPP each time? If so, it would be 500 games this month, like 20 every day with a few days off.
Old 08-03-2007, 07:50 AM

Default Re: Making VIP club through HUSNGs?

no you still get 1 fpp @ the 5+0.25 hu's
a bankroll of 100$ should be anoth...
Old 08-03-2007, 03:06 PM

Default Re: Making VIP club through HUSNGs?

don't make decisions on which levels to play at based on FPP's / VIP levels. You'll regret it... Play according to your BR, and the FPP's will come. @ the end of the day, the rewards for being silverstar are not worth the 'risk of ruin'.

I found that getting silverstar using micro SnG's (& tourneys in general) is next to impossible. It can be done, but it's such a huge volume game. Playing exclusively STT's may do it ($6 turbos give you 3 FPPs. Four table them you're getting 12 FPPs - can get you about 20 per hour. But that's still 75 hours of poker just to hit Silver. & you are by no means rolled for four-tabling the $6 STT's...)

If you really want to hit Silver, the only way to do it (in my opinion) is by playing cash, and even then you're grinding it out.

This thread: Linky breaks down the number of VPP's you get per hand by level. I put up a breakdown that I calculated which showed FPP's per hand by the different levels and games that I've played.

Full Ring NL50 is a nice way to earn points - if you can play ~6,500 hands you should hit silver.

Split games - Omaha HL, for example - earn you more points at lower levels.

But either way, if you have a $200 BR, concentrate on getting that higher. If you try to play outside your roll simply for FPP's, you'll regret it.

OT

CLIFFNOTES: sry for the long post. No, micro HU SNGs will not get you silverstar without making you crazy. Silverstar = Increase Roll then Play NL50.