5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
Hero: $304.30
CO: $200
Button: $374.18
SB: $310.35
BB: $518.90

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is UTG with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $8</font>, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($26, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $10</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $28</font>, Button calls, SB folds.

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($92, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $33</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $78</font>, Button calls.

River: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($248, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero is all-in $190.3</font>

villian is 43/22/2.76
his turn agg was pretty high so i thought i c/r here....i normally would just fire again....but whatev

my image is something like 23/16/3 or so

comments on any/all streets welcome...thx
Old 08-03-2007, 04:33 AM

Default Re: 200: better lines for this set welcomed

raise the turn a little more...make it 111 or something....

river is fine...
Old 08-03-2007, 04:33 AM

if you raise more on the turn, your river bet will be small enough that he'll have to call.
Old 08-03-2007, 05:18 AM

i raise the flop a few extra bucks (~31). it might not seem much, but it adds up to the river, especially this deep.
i like the turn w/ your read. just make it more. if hes putting in any more money he'll call more as well. makes river easier.
Old 08-03-2007, 05:59 AM

Oke I'm a beginner, so don't shoot me if I say "stupid things" I appreciate feedback on my feedback.

This is what I would do

I would just call preflop, 77 UTG is to marginal to raise with even in a 5-handed game

On the flop I would do about the same as you do (I would just call if there was 1 player in the hand, now raise because of 2 players)

Turn you should bet. Betting disquises your set better then checking. You say you have a big hand by raising on the flop, the turn comes a blank, so you still have a big hand and now you check? Very suspicious. If I was him I wouldn’t bet, and just check behind you (which will cost you money, because good players check behind in this situation imo).
You should bet about $35.

River
He calls a raise preflop
He bets and calls a raise on the lop
He bets and calls a raise on the turn

With what kind of hands would he do this? He can only call this with a hand you can beat if he is a bad player. He can only call this with a hand that beats yours if he is a good player. You should decide what he is and if you are willing to bet all your money on your read. I would prefer to bet 1/4 pot on the river (bit weak)
Old 08-03-2007, 06:12 AM

looks a bit like 56 to me but regardless really, good advice already given, raise slightly more flop, makes the turn add more $$$ to the pot obviously, sets up a smaller and more easily called river bet. PS: I wouldn't pay much attention to the newcomers post above as the advice isn't too great (no offence)
Old 08-03-2007, 06:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
looks a bit like 56 to me but regardless really, good advice already given, raise slightly more flop, makes the turn add more $$$ to the pot obviously, sets up a smaller and more easily called river bet. PS: I wouldn't pay much attention to the newcomers post above as the advice isn't too great (no offence)

[/ QUOTE ]

No I like that, could you explain me where I think wrong please. I just want to improve my game. thanx.
Old 08-03-2007, 06:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah no offence to you, but saying "ignore the noob advice, it's no good" and not saying why is a bit douchey.

I'll comment on your pre-flop advice for starters. 77 is more than good enough to raise in a 5-handed game. By just limping, you're pretty much playing for set value, and turning a decent hand into crap 7 times out of 8.

If you raise you have a good chance of taking it down preflop, or getting heads up so you can take the pot with a cont-bet on the flop. Also...the times you do flop a set your hand is more disguised.
Old 08-03-2007, 06:25 AM

I thought I left a good amount to push on the river....my flop raisewas kind weak, but that flop is pretty dry and i just wanted to build up pot and hoped villian had something like aj, or any 2pr
Old 08-03-2007, 06:31 AM

Yeah but making your raise slightly larger on the turn makes it much easier for him to call river.