Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2007, 11:49 PM

Default In the midst of a 500 buy-in downswing

alright, so I just started really getting into sngs a little over 10 months ago. I began at the 6.50s until i was comfortable with a push/fold strategy. I moved up to the 16s shortly after and was crushing them. After 900 or so I had a 23% roi. I know its not that large of a sample size and thats what kind of worries me because I have hit a crucial downswing over my last 500, losing about $1 a game. Im starting to question if Im playing correctly and whether or not running that well over those 900 games was only a fluke.

The purpose of this post is not to express variance but rather in hope of finding someone that wouldnt mind looking over my hand histories to see if they can find some leaks. Ive been putting them through SNGwiz and found two small things, but there has got to be something else Im doing wrong that Im not picking up on. Any comments or help is appreciated. Thanks also for the help I have already received from the forum. I always enjoy reading posts and posting some of my own.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:51 PM

Default Re: In the midst of a 500 buy-in downswing

ill take a look at any 6.50s you feel bad about
Old 08-03-2007, 12:05 AM

thanks for the help, ill try and look through a few to see if I can find some Im worried about but I was more concerned about the 16s. Its been a good 8 months or so since ive played any 6.50s.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:38 AM

Have you added any tables or increased multitasking since you got more confident?

If you play the same opponents a lot, have the better ones adjusted to you now that they know your game?

SNGwiz will only help if you get the calling ranges right. Are you paying attention to your opponents and adjusting properly to their calling ranges? Do you loosen their calling ranges adequately when you've been pushing a lot in certain spots?
Old 08-03-2007, 12:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
alright, so I just started really getting into sngs a little over 10 months ago. I began at the 6.50s until i was comfortable with a push/fold strategy. I moved up to the 16s shortly after and was crushing them. After 900 or so I had a 23% roi. I know its not that large of a sample size and thats what kind of worries me because I have hit a crucial downswing over my last 500, losing about $1 a game. Im starting to question if Im playing correctly and whether or not running that well over those 900 games was only a fluke.

The purpose of this post is not to express variance but rather in hope of finding someone that wouldnt mind looking over my hand histories to see if they can find some leaks. Ive been putting them through SNGwiz and found two small things, but there has got to be something else Im doing wrong that Im not picking up on. Any comments or help is appreciated. Thanks also for the help I have already received from the forum. I always enjoy reading posts and posting some of my own.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not think your subject line means what you think it means.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:43 AM

Check PM
Old 08-03-2007, 12:45 AM

So you are really down about 30 bi?
Old 08-03-2007, 12:49 AM

The subject line had me thinking downswing was not the word you were looking for.
Old 08-03-2007, 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The subject line had me thinking downswing was not the word you were looking for.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-03-2007, 01:37 AM

i had a 95 buyin downswing today.

and by that i mean i actually had a 68 buyin downswing [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]