Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2006, 07:43 AM

Default Best sites for SNGs

I currently play on 4 sites: party, empire, noble and pacific. I only play STTs and MTTs.

I find I prefer the STTs on party and empire cos there seems to be a better balance of donks and reasonable players and this seems to suit me getting in the money (not sure why, it just does...). noble/pacific are better pickings for MTTs, I find...

Anyway, I'm more interested in STTs, and wondered if there are any other sites anyone could recommend that might be worth looking into, where there's rich pickings to a player who plays mostly standard Harrington type play (until ITM anywayz), with a little 0-1 gap suited connectors added (which I only follow if solid flop lands) when the blinds are very low...

oh, I prefer deep stacks for starting.

cheers
db
Old 02-26-2006, 07:45 AM

Default Re: Best sites for SNGs

Well, probably Ultimate Bet. But why would you prefer deep stacks, the main thing that matters when playing STT's is $/hr, unless you really want to improve your game orsomething.
Old 02-26-2006, 07:49 AM

Deep stacks makes it very easy to get ITM, IMO. It's a waiting game, and straightforward. I much prefer party and it's new 2000 stacks to the 800/1000 stacks (can't remember what they were now!)

I'm not overly concerned about fast rate of earning, more in ROI.

I'm happy to be set straight on this though, if anyone can point my to threads discussing this more fully.
Old 02-26-2006, 07:54 AM

Who cares about getting ITM and all that, if it takes twice as long as playing an STT at party etc? If you want to maximize ROI, sure. Most of us don't, and just like money. I mean, that's what we play for, right?
Old 02-26-2006, 07:55 AM

The 2000 chips at Party are no different to the old structure where it started at 1000 either, because the blind levels have all doubled. So, that's just an optical illusion.
Old 02-26-2006, 07:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The 2000 chips at Party are no different to the old structure where it started at 1000 either, because the blind levels have all doubled. So, that's just an optical illusion.

[/ QUOTE ]
lol - I never spotted that. I had a week off around the time it changed, and came back to the whizzy new site, and got confused.

In that case, it's all the same. I'll try UltimateBet tonight, cheers Tigerite.
Old 02-26-2006, 07:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Who cares about getting ITM and all that, if it takes twice as long as playing an STT at party etc? If you want to maximize ROI, sure. Most of us don't, and just like money. I mean, that's what we play for, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm trying to reduce variance as much as poss while building BR. That's my lame-ass excuse anyway [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-26-2006, 08:00 AM

Please read the Irieguy post on variance. Having more starting chips or slower levels or whatever actually doesn't change variance at all.
Old 02-26-2006, 08:04 AM

Stars regulars and UB regulars, though you'd probably be better off playing solely in MTTs if you're truly "not overly concerned about fast rate of earning, more in ROI."

SNGs are all about cash money, the reason why 99% of this forum play them.
Old 02-26-2006, 08:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Stars regulars and UB regulars, though you'd probably be better off playing solely in MTTs if you're truly "not overly concerned about fast rate of earning, more in ROI."

SNGs are all about cash money, the reason why 99% of this forum play them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do do much better in MTTs, but seriously, I sometimes can't be sure of being around till the end. Couple of times I've played and have to leave to pick up kids etc just as it gets to final table - DOH!

STTs much better for pacing yourself etc, so I'm wanting to work on these and move up when I get 50xbuyin, drop down when I fall to 30xbuyin, is my reason.