Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2007, 09:59 PM

Default TPBK/weak draw vs. LAG: Turn play

I've been playing with the SB for only a short time (~25 hands) and only have his stats for 15 hands so far where he's at 64/14/15. We were playing pretty quickly with few hands getting shown down, although there was one where he limped J9 PF, bet his middle pair, called a turn donk, and checked behind on the river. Every hand we've been involved in together has had him raising me on the flop/turn and me folding on the turn, or me calling and raising him on the turn or river and him folding.

The SB and I were playing 3-handed for most of those before two random people sat down. The BB is one of them, and I have an old note on him saying he's LAGgish, but that's all I had to go on at this point.

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (3 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB folds, Hero ???

I may have the best hand on the flop, but I'm not sure how often I'll get folds, and with how aggressive SB has been, I figure I can get raised by a lot of hearts or other worse hands and I wouldn't be too happy continuing depending on how BB reacts. I decided to take my free card on the flop. Good idea?

I think I did give my hand away on the flop though and it came in on the turn. I think I'm announcing I paired the ace, but with the agro SB raising, is it worth continuing with my not too good flush draw?
Old 08-01-2007, 10:03 PM

Default Re: TPBK/weak draw vs. LAG: Turn play

bet flop with intention to take free cards UI on turn most of the time.

as played call.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:03 PM

bet flop please
Old 08-01-2007, 10:26 PM

As played, call down.

I'd c-bet the flop most every time.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't really know how often I'll get the chance to take the free card. It's what I'd like to do, but I think SB is check/raising me here a lot of the time.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't really know how often I'll get the chance to take the free card. It's what I'd like to do, but I think SB is check/raising me here a lot of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

So bet/3-bet the flop with the intention of taking a free card. Although personally, against just the blinds in a 5-handed game, my initial flop bet is because I think I have the best hand and/or draw pretty often. So is the 3bet, actually.

As played, there is absolutely no way that I'm not showing this hand down.