Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Limit-->NL
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2007, 02:58 PM

Default Super standard calldown in limit

villain is 45/0/9 after not a terribly large sample. The reason his agg is 9, is because he will o-limp/complete a ton, call any reasonable raise, and will pretty much always make a pot-sized bet on the flop, followed by an overbet on the turn.

This is from my 376 hand session at 2/4 during which I crushed at 10 BB/100 before realizing I should probably start at 1/2. Anyways, the hand:

villain has around $250, I have him covered.

I get JJ BB, villain completes, I raise $20, villain calls.

flop A 9 3 r, villain donks $45
Old 08-01-2007, 03:14 PM

Default Re: Super standard calldown in limit

i would fold. eventually he will make this mistake when you have a stronger hand.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i would fold. eventually he will make this mistake when you have a stronger hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. A calldown might actually be +EV, because from my experience he'll be doing this with just about anything than an weak/medium Ace. I know I don't have the stomach for it though [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 08-01-2007, 03:50 PM

Fold.

You know he's making an overbet on the turn and you don't know where you are in the hand.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:53 PM

How small would his stack have to be for you to consider calling?
Old 08-01-2007, 04:03 PM

How does he react to flop raises? Seems you could raise here and be done with the hand if he does anything besides fold. I'd raise here with air so why not with jacks rather than fold them.

-DeathDonkey
Old 08-01-2007, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How does he react to flop raises? Seems you could raise here and be done with the hand if he does anything besides fold. I'd raise here with air so why not with jacks rather than fold them.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

With villain's stack size, a raise pot commits us. After we call his donk-bet, the pot is $130 and he only has $185 left behind.

This guy isn't folding an Ace here ever, and we don't want to fold him out if he's bluffing. So we either call him down or fold, and I say fold.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:20 PM

I'd fold. I think calling down is -EV because bet sizes grow exponentially in nl, although the read on villain might change that.

And raising is bad. Villain's stats indicate that he's a huge station so he'll never fold an ace, and why force him to play perfectly when we have him beat?
Old 08-01-2007, 10:59 PM

admiralfluff u say ur read on this guy is that he will see way too many flops and then put his entire stack in pretty much every time. obviously you should call him down if that is the case because jacks is prob like 75% vs a random hand on the flop. since u made this thread ur obviously asking how much u should regress this guy's retarded player model against a reasonable player model, but then u dont give enough information. have u seen this guy do this two of two times, 5 of 13 times, 15 of 17?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
when u have a hand that can only beat bluffs against a player who is apparently v willing to bluff his entire stack off, u prob shouldnt raise/fold
Old 08-01-2007, 11:02 PM

btw i never play nl so i have no clue how to read peoples hands but thats only half of poker so im gonna post advice in this forum because its +ev for me if mhushers get better at nl holla