Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2007, 06:21 AM

Default nl50 AA

Reads: Only tangled once with this villain before; I raised AQo in the CO and he called on the button. Flop was ten high, I lead out for $3 into a $4 pot, he raised to $8, I folded, he showed JJ.

I sit in CO again, this time looking down att AcAd and open for $1.75, villain calls, everyone else folds. He has $62.30, I cover.

Pot = $4.25 flop: 3d 2h 2d

I lead for $3, he raises to $8, I call

Pot = $20.25 turn: 4d

I check, he bets $12, I call again

Pot = $44.25 river: 7c

I check, he instashoves $41.20, easy call given read?

All streets are up for discussion.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:19 AM

Default Re: nl50 AA

Shameless bump. Sorry if this is too straightforward, but I'd really like to hear some opinions here.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:30 AM

I think you could make a small raiseon both the flop and the turn to charge lower pairs to hit a set. I don't think you need to worry abouy a flush draw on the flop vs only 1 player, so a small reraise would do, because a pair only has 2% to hit a set on the turn.

So even a reraise to just $12 gives villain a 14.16% call.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:38 AM

I don't really worry about 2-outers here, and min3betting could scare away a lot of hands? Also if he has any kind of real draw here, he'd be more than priced in.
Old 08-01-2007, 08:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Pot = $4.25 flop: 3d 2h 2d

I lead for $3, he raises to $8, I call

[/ QUOTE ]
This is awful. The board has a massive number of draws. 3-bet to get money from drawers as well as to get value from overpairs. We are ahead here almost 100% of the time, but won't stay that way for long when half the deck are scare cards. Flat calling here is really really bad.

[ QUOTE ]
turn: 4d

I check, he bets $12, I call again

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the check if he will bet a lot here, to get money from so many weaker hands, but once he bets I would c/r to get value from so many hands we are ahead of. In the situation he has a flush, we still have outs some of the time there also.

[ QUOTE ]
Pot = $44.25 river: 7c

I check, he instashoves $41.20, easy call given read?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, easy call. Especially since you also under represente3d your hand severely.
Old 08-01-2007, 08:09 AM

We have the Ad, so I don't think he's drawing here often at all. What cards are scary?

Raising turn is pretty much representing the flush or better, would weaker hands really call?
Old 08-01-2007, 08:22 AM

On the flop, overs + flush draw is entirely possible, but I think a worse overpair is more likely. And possibly Villain is even making a play with, like, KQo on this nothing flop (especially given how your previous encounter played out). 3-betting is an option, but I don't really see what's so horrible about smooth-calling. I mean, if Villain will dump 88 to a 3-bet, then there is merit to smooth-calling if you're likely to be able to get more money out of him later in the hand. Being OOP is going to make extaction somewhat difficult, though, I'll admit. (Also, if an A, K, or Q falls, that could freeze Villain up, as could another diamond. On the whole, I do think I prefer 3-betting to calling. We just have to hope Villain doesn't correctly decide that the 3-bet means his 99 is beat.)

I think all of your options on the turn are basically okay (so long as you don't fold).

On the river, I like a call.
Old 08-01-2007, 08:47 AM

Yeah I was thinking a weaker overpair was his most likely holding here, and I didn't want to scare it away. I think it's kind of close between calling and 3-betting, and that's what made this interesting in the first place.

I think raising the turn folds out a lot that I beat, what weaker holdings can call here?

All seem to agree that river is a must call as played, and probably the least debatable part of this hand.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think raising the turn folds out a lot that I beat, what weaker holdings can call here?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not claiming a hand like 7d7c should call, but it's possible he will, and the chances go up as worse diamond and worse two-pair in question gets bigger.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:12 AM

I might be giving villains here too much credit. I do agree it's possible that 5d5x-KdKx might call a raise.

Thank you for some really nice answers.