Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2007, 07:34 PM

Default Some common PLO situations(PLO100)

just occured,not 100%sure how to play em,these are situations i really cant handle perfect.suggestions?

1Hand:Reraise Turn?Bet River?

Party Poker
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
9 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is Button with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
5 folds, CO calls, Hero calls, SB calls, BB checks.

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($4, 4 players)
SB checks, BB checks, CO checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $3</font>, SB calls, BB calls, CO calls.

Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($16, 4 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets $15.2</font>, CO folds, Hero calls, SB folds.

River: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($46.4, 2 players)
BB checks,Hero ???

2Hand:

Not many reads here...how often to you bet that flop?PF-aggro doesnt always cbet,thats what i noticed about him.
And,assuming you bet pot and get repopped by 1)TAG /2) LAG what is your response?

Party Poker
8 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $3.5</font>, 4 folds, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($14, 4 players)
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Button checks.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($14, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $10</font>, BB calls, 2 folds.

River: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($34, 2 players)
Hero ???

and last,3 :

Ok,my reads...The Guy who reraises me had done the same thing on several occasions without a redraw,so its not sure if hes freerolling me,what iam concerned about is the other guy,who faces a potbet,a repop and goes over the top all-in. I dunno so much about him,he didnt seem like a idiot however,saw him playing bare ace bluff etc.So given the stacksizes(reraiseguy 400,me and the other 100) is it correct to call here or better fold?

Party Poker
9 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is MP3 with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1, folds, MP1 (poster) checks, MP2 calls, Hero calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, BB (poster) checks.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($7, 7 players)
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $3</font>, Button calls, 2 folds, UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($19, 4 players)
UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $17</font>, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $69.05</font>, <font color="#cc0000">MP1 raises all-in $96</font>, Hero ???

Thank you very much,btw iam not raising very often PF,mostly late position cauz i just saw that any of these hands could have been raised pf.
Old 07-31-2007, 07:44 PM

Default Re: Some common PLO situations(PLO100)

H1. Played fine. Check behind on river, you'd have to rep a flush and try to fold out a straight imo here.

H2. Lead the flop. As played bet the turn, bet the river.

H3. I hate your flop bet. Call the turn raise.
Old 07-31-2007, 07:51 PM

ty,yeah,that bet looks gay [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img],would you bet more or dont bet at all?
btw hand2,what do you do if you get repopped?i mean,i am OOP aswell.
Old 07-31-2007, 07:55 PM

i'd bet $10 on the flop. but i am boring. well played.

bet flop. the board is way to coordinated to give free cards.
as played bet turn and bet river. but bet river like something you think villian will call as played. like $10...

@turn: depends on stack sizes. prolly just go for it.
Old 07-31-2007, 07:57 PM

You hate his flop bet in hand 3 because it's too small, right? It's not likely to be raised, he's in position, would like to take it down now, but has OESD, and backdoor NFD, i think he should bet pot on the flop.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:02 PM

Hand 1: I'd fire full pot on the flop, no need to play it soft at all with 15 nut outs here. Definitely don't raise turn, this is almost always a straight so a call is good. I'd absolutely fire the river though. Your flop and turn action look a lot like a set so you can easily represent a boat here. The amount depends on the player, but anywhere from $20 up to full pot is fine.

Hand 2: You can mix up checking and leading here. Either one is fine. As played, I think the turn bet's fine, but I'd usally bet full pot in case someone has two flush draws or a flush draw + gutshot. On the river, I'd definitely bet something like $20 to get called by 66 or something like 9865. If you bet strong like that, you can fold to a raise from a tight player and assume that he's got 55 or JJ if he repops you.

Hand 3: Don't bet the flop at all in a 7-way pot like this. You don't have good equity, you can easily get C/Red off of your hand when you might have otherwise gotten a free turn, and you're never ever getting this may players to fold. On the turn, bet/calling all-in is fine.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:12 PM

I honestly don't even like a flop bet here. I'd just check. We want to keep the pot small and see a free turn card in a 7 way hand here.

I also, don't like the bet size. IF hero decides to bet, I like it to be closer to a psb.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
H1. Played fine. Check behind on river, you'd have to rep a flush and try to fold out a straight imo here.

H2. Lead the flop. As played bet the turn, bet the river.

H3. I hate your flop bet. Call the turn raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

What sc000t said, mostly. Also, hand 1, why not build the pot preflop in position?
Old 08-01-2007, 06:54 AM

Thought I'd add for hand 2: You should lead here because people won't cbet on a four way flop, so you have a much reduced chance of pulling off a check raise, whilst revealing more about the strength of your hand. If two people saw the flop, I think this is fine to check aiming for a cr.
Old 08-01-2007, 06:56 AM

Is it bad that I want to raise preflop in hand #3? I hate over-limping, bad holdem habit?