Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2007, 01:42 PM

Default very basic set question

sry for posting this, I'm just getting started [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
no reads, just sat down.

Poker Stars - Pot Limit Omaha Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

<u>HaiaN (SB): $9.90</u>
<u>BB: $10.00</u>
UTG: $9.25
CO: $10.35
BTN: $45.90

Preflop: HaiaN is dealt 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG calls $0.10, 2 folds, HaiaN calls $0.05, BB checks

Flop: ($0.30) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">HaiaN bets $0.25</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $0.50</font>, UTG calls $0.50, HaiaN calls $0.25

Turn: ($1.80) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
HaiaN checks, BB checks, UTG checks

River: ($1.80) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">HaiaN bets $1.10</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $2.20</font>, UTG folds, HaiaN calls $1.10

Pot Size: $6.20 ($0.30 Rake)
Old 07-31-2007, 01:55 PM

Default Re: very basic set question

repot flop.

bet turn.
Old 07-31-2007, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
repot flop.

bet turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Reraise river.
Old 07-31-2007, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
repot flop.

bet turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Reraise river.

[/ QUOTE ]

def bet turn - on river I just call expect to see jacks a few times but mostly busted flush draw with like top two pair...Scoot I am wondering why would we raise for value here? (am just a tourney donk don't play tons of cash games) - thx.
Old 07-31-2007, 03:41 PM

Well, for one the limits this is played at, you see alot of horrible play. We have the 3rd nuts and played our hand very weak. I would expect most players to raise preflop with AAxx. Regardless of preflop action however, I would expect opponents to bet the turn with JJxx or AAxx after the flop action, especially on a board with a flush draw and a ton of straight draws.

At these limits, given the turn check, I think there is alot of value still to be gained on the river. I would really only expect to lose to JJxx and I think there are alot more hands that an opponent will take this line with AND PAY OFF WITH than just JJxx.
Old 07-31-2007, 04:19 PM

First off, I'd usually just reraise the flop. The min-raise is a draw (usually a flush draw) that's looking to get a free card at ton.

Then on the river, no draws came in and I just cannot believe that anyone would be bad enough to min-raise the flop and check the turn with JJ or AA. I guess I could be surprised, but I'd reraise and expect to see A6, 66, or a fold.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:41 PM

some timings: he insta-minraised the flop, tanked very long on the turn and quickly minraised on the river.
If villain raises a decent amount and I have reason to give his raise some respect, do I just fold? For me as a NLHE player it seems totaly crazy to ever fold a set on that board but I think I look horrible against his raising range...
Old 07-31-2007, 06:28 PM

who cares about timing? villian looks like a limit player. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

seriously. you have to find out where you stand with your hand on the flop and you need to charge the draws. re-raise there and the hand will play a lot easier.

in general middle set is often a really meh-hand to play. it is hard to figure out where you are at and many times the correct play is very read-dependent.

imo if you felt your middleset here in this hand, so be it. it is ugly when it happens(maybe even avoidable with a read), but not a like a leak or something.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
First off, I'd usually just reraise the flop. The min-raise is a draw (usually a flush draw) that's looking to get a free card at ton.

Then on the river, no draws came in and I just cannot believe that anyone would be bad enough to min-raise the flop and check the turn with JJ or AA. I guess I could be surprised, but I'd reraise and expect to see A6, 66, or a fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
or even AK
lol

true