Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2007, 12:57 AM

Default A full day of bad beats...

First game was omaha h/l. Flop is JJ9, turn is a K, I have KJ for the boat. 1 other player is in the hand, and he hits his 1 outter Q clubs for the Royal. No other cards would have given him the win.

Second beat, less than 10 hands later, and the same dealer. I have QJ spades and 23, flop is As5s7c, so I have nut low, and drawing to a nice flush. Turn is Ks, so I have nut/nut. 1 other player in the hand, betting me up like crazy, turns out, he had nut low, 23 spades, and thought his flush was good, which it wasn't. But his 1 outter 4spades for the straight flush gave him the 3/4 and me the 1/4.

So in 10 minutes, I lost a 1 outter to a royal flush, and a 1 outter to a straight flush. Sick.

Onto NL hold em. First i win a huge pot and get a great chip stack, $350 or so. I pick up pocket J's. and call a pre-flop raise. Flop comes 8J8, bingo for me. I lead out, expecting callers since there was a pre-flop raise, and get 1. Next card comes an 8, I bet again, and other player says, "I guess I hafta call", i was pretty tipped off that he had the goddam 8 to hit his 1 outter against me, and he took down a $300 pot after I payed him off on the river to see his dream card come true.

Amazingly enough I barely lost any cash. But the beats were just sickening, and without those 2%ers hitting on me 3 times, I would have had a killer day.
Old 07-31-2007, 01:13 AM

Default Re: A full day of bad beats...

the only thing that gambling is, is a suitcase and a trunk
and the only thing that keeps him satisfied is when he is all drunk