Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2007, 06:50 PM

Default heads up in 6.50 turbo sngs end game help

i play 6.50 turbo sngs and whenever i get to heads up usually the blinds are 300/600 and we both have around 6000 or so give or take.

I was plaing one oppoenent who knows whats hes doing. Either pushing all in or folding at this stage when we both have around 9-11BBs each or under.

My quesiton is can u ever fold an Ace when your oppoent goes all in? My opponent did and i had A2o and we both had around 10bb. He ended up having 99 and i lost.

i was really thinkin players like him knkow what to push at this spot. All pairs, high ace. This is your kind of real solid player and i felt i shouldnt call with A2 because i beat nothing. At best i m against kq or so and i m a small favorite.

So is it ever right to fold even if i had A6 here? my read on this player is that he is just so solid and he woulndt push with say A4 etc even at this stage.

Thanks.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:45 PM

Default Re: heads up in 6.50 turbo sngs end game help

At that level, I think that calling with a A2o is a fold for me, however A2s may be a call. This may be a leak at my HU action, and I am on the laptop with no SNG PT.

I would like to see more comments on this tho.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:01 PM

A IS GOOT
Old 07-31-2007, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i play 6.50 turbo sngs and whenever i get to heads up usually the blinds are 300/600 and we both have around 6000 or so give or take.

I was plaing one oppoenent who knows whats hes doing. Either pushing all in or folding at this stage when we both have around 9-11BBs each or under.

My quesiton is can u ever fold an Ace when your oppoent goes all in? My opponent did and i had A2o and we both had around 10bb. He ended up having 99 and i lost.

i was really thinkin players like him knkow what to push at this spot. All pairs, high ace. This is your kind of real solid player and i felt i shouldnt call with A2 because i beat nothing. At best i m against kq or so and i m a small favorite.

So is it ever right to fold even if i had A6 here? my read on this player is that he is just so solid and he woulndt push with say A4 etc even at this stage.

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what would he do with A4, fold? Anyways, If he's not pushing with hands like A4, I don't see how calling off with A2 is correct.
Old 07-31-2007, 07:44 PM

Villian would need to be playing optimal ICM push/fold here to make A2o a good call.

Unless villian is a known 2+2 its okay. I doubt even regs @ 6.50 would push wide enough to call here. However if u have been pushing a lot into them some tend to playback at you with a wide range just cause they cannot handle it.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:06 AM

If he's that solid, I can't see how you can call with A2... With your stack, you can always work to get a better spot.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:10 AM

This has nothing to do with what he had in that hand and everything to do with what hands he was pushing. If he's folding 4 out of 5 hands then fold, but if he's pushing 4 out of 5 then it's an easy call.

In general shortstacked HU I'd need a good reason to fold here.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This has nothing to do with what he had in that hand and everything to do with what hands he was pushing. If he's folding 4 out of 5 hands then fold, but if he's pushing 4 out of 5 then it's an easy call.

[/ QUOTE ]
Get SngWiz or pokerstove, and play with hand ranges.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:19 AM

FWIW if you have approx equal stacks of 10BB, this is a +EV call if he is pushing 40%, and very +EV if he's pushing wider than that. Which makes it a call against most opponents.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Unless villian is a known 2+2 its okay. I doubt even regs @ 6.50 would push wide enough to call here. However if u have been pushing a lot into them some tend to playback at you with a wide range just cause they cannot handle it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just wondering...how wide do you start pushing from the button heads up with 10BB? 7BB?