Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2007, 03:19 PM

Default Poker in Belize?

Seems like it would be a good place to play online if things get difficult in the states. I've heard they speak English as either a first or very common second language and from what I've seen it's a beautiful country with a wonderful climate, excepting the occasional hurricane.

What I don't know too much about are the tax laws, gambling laws and technological infrastructure .. ie how readily available are high speed and wireless net access?
Old 07-30-2007, 04:15 PM

Default Re: Poker in Belize?

What I don't know too much about are the tax laws, gambling laws and technological infrastructure .. ie how readily available are high speed and wireless net access?

So what you're saying is you don't really know anything about Belize relevant to playing online poker professionally, but they have great weather and speak English.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:18 PM

Belize? Is that in Russia?
Old 07-30-2007, 04:19 PM

I have been to Belize a couple of times. It did not have a wonderful climate when I visited. I also think the whole country is about 2 feet above sea level.

I was in Belize City, admittedly. Whether the rest of the country is beautiful, I cannot say.

The infrastructure seemed adequate. I do not recall any internet issues from my visits.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:21 PM

Old 07-30-2007, 04:23 PM

If by "great weather", he meant hot, sticky and 90% humidity, I would agree. They do speak English.

There are a dozen or so countries which I would rank above Belize for either living generally or playing online poker.
Old 07-30-2007, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If by "great weather", he meant hot, sticky and 90% humidity, I would agree. They do speak English.

There are a dozen or so countries which I would rank above Belize for either living generally or playing online poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Care to enumerate them and tell us why they are better?

I figure I can keep most of the money online, so I'm not that concerned about the tax laws .. but the English and internet requirements are non-negotiable.
Old 07-30-2007, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

So what you're saying is you don't really know anything about Belize relevant to playing online poker professionally, but they have great weather and speak English.

[/ QUOTE ]

That wasn't clear?

I was hoping someone who has lived and played there might chime in. Right now all I really have to go on is what I saw on the Travel Channel.

My ideal second home would be either a tropical or alpine climate with a decent cost of living, lax gambling and friendly tax laws, a good IT infrastructure, stable government and where the majority or a large minority of the population speaks English.
Old 07-30-2007, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seems like it would be a good place to play online if things get difficult in the states. I've heard they speak English as either a first or very common second language and from what I've seen it's a beautiful country with a wonderful climate, excepting the occasional hurricane.

[/ QUOTE ]

How old are you?
Old 07-30-2007, 06:03 PM

uh if youre planning on moving to a foreign country, why dont you go somewhere more reliable than an internet forum dominated by young Americans