Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2007, 10:04 AM

Default NL100: Baby flush vs uberdonk

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $100.45
BB: $104.50
Hero (UTG): $109.85
BTN: $103.05

Preflop: Hero is dealt 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $3.50</font>, 2 folds, BB calls $2.50

Flop: ($7.50) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $5.00</font>, BB calls $5.00

Turn: ($17.50) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $12.00</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $24.00</font>, Hero calls $12.00

River: ($65.50) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $50.00</font>, Hero...

Pot Size: $65.50 ($2 Rake)

Comments on all streets welcome...

Villain is 46/4/1.7

C/R turn was 0/13
Turn agg factor 3
River agg favtor 1

Over about 80 hands...no real reads...but seems super donk.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:06 AM

Default Re: NL100: Baby flush vs uberdonk

I 3bet turn here all day. a lot of sets play like this and they're looking you up all day. as played i think i call and hope for AJ.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:48 AM

Anyone else?
Old 07-30-2007, 11:54 AM

Re-raise the turn. Fair ammount of cards to come that will kill your action/hand. As played call the river.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:55 AM

I also 3bet the turn.

As played, I think that I can find a fold, but I am a FR nit learning 6max. Do we really beat anything that he raises the turn and bets (pretty hard at that) on the river. I don't think that we see AJ here enough.

Thoughts?
SMS
Old 07-30-2007, 11:57 AM

I'll give my thoughts soon...would like to see a few others before I do though.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:04 PM

I bet more like 15 on turn, defintely 3 bet turn also. River, really depends on your read of villain, I could fold this to a solid player.

edit; Given read of superdonk I actually still be inclined to fold this, I know runs slightly counter to what I said but I probably fold here
Old 07-30-2007, 12:13 PM

based on the villians stats he seems really fishy pre but hes not over agg post or pre i really think id let this go unless id seen him overplay top pair before. i think the min raise on the turn smells of big hand and if was a set he has you for sure on the river.

i agree it is wise to 3bet the turn but i ofton call here cos i hate the min re raise and ofton his line looks like better flush which ive paid of alot lately. but 3 betting protects your hand once the board pairs though i think he has you beat alot here.

hes playing to many hands and he will be there for taking but you need to know how far he goes with weak hands on this type of board if i knew hed stick around id be tempted to call for information confident i can get it back.

it seems real tight folding a flush here but ive really tightened up on my folding without good reads and my results have improved greatly
Old 07-30-2007, 03:48 PM

Alright, well given stats, I don't see how we can possibly call river. There's one smaller flush (3d5d) and MAYBE AJ in his range...though I'd be very surprised to see AJ played this way by this kind of donk. J9 possibly, but this just screams of flush or set.

I don't know exactly what it is, but the feel I got from this player was that the check-minraise on turn was pretty nutty. It seemed more likely a flush than anything else.

I couldn't bring myself to fold river, and the more I've thought about it the less I think a call is profitable. I feel like he has a flush here like almost always, and a boat the rest of the time. And I'm certainly not getting great odds.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Alright, well given stats, I don't see how we can possibly call river. There's one smaller flush (3d5d) and MAYBE AJ in his range...though I'd be very surprised to see AJ played this way by this kind of donk. J9 possibly, but this just screams of flush or set.

I don't know exactly what it is, but the feel I got from this player was that the check-minraise on turn was pretty nutty. It seemed more likely a flush than anything else.

I couldn't bring myself to call river, and the more I've thought about it the less I think a call is profitable. I feel like he has a flush here like almost always, and a boat the rest of the time. And I'm certainly not getting great odds.

[/ QUOTE ]