Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2007, 08:02 AM

Default AA.. the reason I might play a loosing session.

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (16 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (16 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, Hero calls.

River: (22 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 25 BB

Did I totaly overplay this? Where should I spare some bets (if I should hold back at any of these streets)
Old 07-30-2007, 08:14 AM

Default Re: AA.. the reason I might play a loosing session.

No reads? The flop cap/turn lead seems pretty spewy to me. This might be a spot where you might want to just call the flop and pop a safe turn card. Your equity advantage is thin/non-existant here. The turn is an easy fold as played.
Old 07-30-2007, 08:24 AM

I'm with you up to and including your raise on the flop. After BB's 3 bet after 2 players cold-calls your raise on the flop, I think you've had it. An A is not necesarilly an out any longer.
Old 07-30-2007, 08:29 AM

Preflop is fine.
I don't cap the flop.
I check call behind on the turn with ~4 outs
Check/fold the river
Old 07-30-2007, 09:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm with you up to and including your raise on the flop. After BB's 3 bet after 2 players cold-calls your raise on the flop, I think you've had it. An A is not necesarilly an out any longer.

[/ QUOTE ]

What does the flop raise accomplish?
Old 07-30-2007, 09:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The turn is an easy fold as played.

[/ QUOTE ]

We are getting 21:1 closing the action. We have two outs to the 'nuts', that is 23:1 agaisnt. We will easily make 2 extra bb on the river if we hit. If BTN has slowplayed a straight, or have 99/88 we have 4 outs. I think a fold is pretty terrible.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The turn is an easy fold as played.

[/ QUOTE ]

We are getting 21:1 closing the action. We have two outs to the 'nuts', that is 23:1 agaisnt. We will easily make 2 extra bb on the river if we hit. If BTN has slowplayed a straight, or have 99/88 we have 4 outs. I think a fold is pretty terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right. Don't fold the turn. The main point is that the flop raise is incorrect IMO. I think the flop merits discussion.

Edit: "Pretty terrible" is overstating it a bit considering we are always calling one more on the river. (So we don't really make two extra bets when we hit).
Old 07-30-2007, 09:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What does the flop raise accomplish?

[/ QUOTE ]
After BB 3bet pf, called cap, then led flop, it looks like an overpair. I would think the flop raise would be to isolate. BB's flop 3-bet still looks like an overpair, and the two cold-callers in between look weak, too. I'd say just call BB's 3-bet, then raise a safe turn.

As played, it looks like your beat, but I still call down because the pot is massive.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:38 AM

The reraising prefop was indeed to isolate the BB because he's playing the hand as if he's holding JJ, QQ, KK, A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and if I'm unlucky TT.
Other then TT I can't really put him on a hand that beats mine here.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:44 AM

If you stove his range (TT-AA, AQs+, AQ) and other villian's ranges (this is why reads are important), I'd be somewhat surprised if you have a very large equity advantage. The pot's very big so its probably worth it to forgo a small advantage now to try to exploit a larger advantage and win this pot more often.