Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2007, 07:50 PM

Default 50PLO: PF RR AI in the cutoff - good or terrible?

I'm new to Omaha but I'm doing pretty well, or I was until this hand. Afterwards I'm still not sure if it's a really good play I made, a marginal one or a terrible one. Please inform me.

9 or 8 handed, don't have HH. EVERYONE limps to me in the cutoff with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] . I limp. Button raises pot, SB folds maybe, but EVERYONE else calls.

It gets back to me and I essentially repot AI with $50 effective.

Thoughts?
Old 07-29-2007, 08:29 PM

Default Re: 50PLO: PF RR AI in the cutoff - good or terrible?

i hate your limp in position. but if you limped-raised all in: sweet play.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:29 PM

Don't like the limp/reraise. In good position, raise that up and clear the field. This hand won't play well multiway. If you would have raised then the bb would have reraise, it would probably fold back to you.

As played with all the limpers, then all the callers, you're repot all in probably won't get many people out. You'll be all in, the BB most likely will call, and the large pot size will now attract some of the weak passive limpers as well.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't like the limp/reraise. In good position, raise that up and clear the field. This hand won't play well multiway. If you would have raised then the bb would have reraise, it would probably fold back to you.

As played with all the limpers, then all the callers, you're repot all in probably won't get many people out. You'll be all in, the BB most likely will call, and the large pot size will now attract some of the weak passive limpers as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, BB didn't reraise, button did and there's absolutely zero reason to believe that he would have reraised if we raised. In fact, it's extremely unlikely.

Anyway, most of the time, the standard play is to raise here, but if you have a very aggressive button, a LRR is worth a shot. This is actually a perfect result for you as the raise and all the resulting callers is about the only way you could get the pot size large enough to get almost your whole stack in with a reraise. You got it in great here and should be very happy with the results, regardless of whether your aces actually held up.
Old 07-29-2007, 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i hate your limp in position. but if you limped-raised all in: sweet play.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-29-2007, 11:34 PM

With this hand getting it allin pf is the best thing possible. Hope it wasnt more that 3 way on the flop.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:15 AM

Aces play terrible multi-way. that's true. But if I know NOBODY at this table is folding, should I really be raising? It's not like I'm double suited, I have bare aces and I have very few flops I would like in a 8 way pot

It worked out sorta well, button raised all in, and one decent sized guy right after called the push with K6Q4 double suited, as well as a shortie with whatever, everyone else folded. Button had AA55. I hit 107 but K6Q4 hit a higher two pair and scooped. I figured my play was correct but super-high variance plays like that make me puke.
Old 07-30-2007, 05:01 AM

The reason why the push is warranted is because button can be raising many different hands besides aaxx, and pushing will clear out enough dead money that even hu vs AAxx is not bad. If there were not this many limpers before you preflop then a raise is fine, but I think LRR is especially warranted here when their are so many people in the pot that you either want to commit 90%+ and clear out the field or limp and fold all the bad flops.
Old 07-30-2007, 06:04 AM

i like this play if you feel the button or the blinds will raise, as this enables you to stack off with AAxx pre which is a great result regardless of how many players are in the pot. obviously you would prefer 1-2 other players max, but you cant control who will call your all in so just felt it and if you get 3-4 callers so be it

if you have several early pos limpers playing short stacked and you dont feel anyone else will raise, you could mini raise to try and get one of them to shove so you can come over the top as an alternate play, but as played its fine