Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2007, 06:48 PM

Default Adjusting to a loose table (6-max)

How should I adjust to a 6-max table where everyone is loose? I'm seriously bleeding money here.

You know the situation...
-When you PFR and get multiple callers.
-When your AK loses to AT on a KTx flop, T on river.
-Your pot size bets don't push out the drawing hands, and they hit that flush/trips on the river. ie my QJ on a QJ6 flop, 6 on river.

I know most of you will say I should welcome this action, and I do...but when you constantly get sucked out on, it is frustrating and a bit ridiculous.

Anyone have any suggestions, or a good link to read?

Thanks!
Old 07-29-2007, 06:57 PM

Default Re: Adjusting to a loose table (6-max)

When you say loose, based on your description you don't also mean aggressive. Thus, if they call a lot, value bet a lot, and very thin. Don't raise hands that require fold equity, raise for value. As far as sucking out, as long as they called with improper odds and you aren't paying them off then it is +ev in the long run. If 1 table is seriously affecting your play and your bankroll it's possible you are playing above your bankroll. If you're EV is positive in the hands you're playing, what more could you ask for, you're going to make money as these situations recur.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When you say loose, based on your description you don't also mean aggressive. Thus, if they call a lot, value bet a lot, and very thin.

[/ QUOTE ]

They aren't aggressive, just calling stations. What do you mean by thin? Should I not be betting the pot if I know they will call me with inferior hands?
Old 07-29-2007, 07:13 PM

When you PFR and get multiple callers.

Tighten up, increase your pre-flop raise to get it heads up. You want to be ahead of their range and then charge them for calling.

When your AK loses to AT on a KTx flop, T on river.

Don't bet the river. Play it for pot control. Put villain on a range.

Your pot size bets don't push out the drawing hands, and they hit that flush/trips on the river. ie my QJ on a QJ6 flop, 6 on river.

This is very very good for you!. This is actually quite basic. When giving draws improper odds to call, you WANT them to call! The pot is bigger for you, and they don't hit often enough to warrant the call. You will end up with the money in the long run.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:21 PM

Tighten up and be happy that youre getting this action. Although if youre constantly losing/getting sucked out on, then just leave. Sometimes you will lose even when you play youre best.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:33 PM

Hands have diffrent values when the pot in multi-way.

Suited connectors and pocket pairs go up in value.

One pair hands don't win as often against a few players.

Charge draws but don't pay off to big bets when it hits.

Try checking behind and not continuation betting with AK when the board is Ts8c6c.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:50 PM

Start working on your hand reading skills. If you have AK on a KTx fop that is rainbow for example, and you bet and get callers. What could they have. Give them a range(KT,QJ,etc.) Given those ranges when a scare card comes on the river. Are you checking? The most money I always lose is just with one pair, though I'm getting better...lol.

Also, there is a sticky about 6 handed NL starting hands that is good to check out, and not too hard to find. And loosen up a little more in late postion. If your not aggressive at 6max your just going to bleed money away.