Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2007, 04:46 PM

Default Gulbis finally wins one

The Evian is a pretty big one too, so no more Anna comparisons.

In other golf news:

[ QUOTE ]
Michelle Wie finished tied for 69th place with a 16-over 304, after a final round 76.

Wie pulled her opening shot out of bounds and started with a double-bogey 6. She had bogeys at the third, sixth and seventh — and a birdie at the fifth where she holed a huge putt of about 70 feet — to go out in 40. The teenager then battled back with a level par second nine of 36.

“I kept my head together,” Wie said. “It all came down to today and there were a couple of stupid errors out there. I just have to keep the ball in play and use my head more and be patient with myself.”

Recovering from a wrist injury, Wie was pleased with the round. “I kept my head on today. I was very proud of myself,” she said.

[/ QUOTE ]

This surprised me
Old 07-30-2007, 12:15 PM

Default Re: Gulbis finally wins one

She has weird teeth.... along the lines of Reese Witherspoon. Almost horse-ish.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:47 PM

Romero absolutely destroyed the field. Couldn't find a leaderboard through that link but he must have led by about eight shots at some point during the final round.

Gulbis's best asset is NOT her mug, but that's not what I'm looking at when she's walking around in a short skirt and wearing a tight-fitting top.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Romero absolutely destroyed the field. Couldn't find a leaderboard through that link but he must have led by about eight shots at some point during the final round.

Gulbis's best asset is NOT her mug, but that's not what I'm looking at when she's walking around in a short skirt and wearing a tight-fitting top.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to see her practicing at the ASU Karsten course with her dad. She looked [censored] smoking in her little golf skirt/outfit.
When I've seen her t.v. show she almost seems like a lesbian. I could be way off here, but she's certainly less attractive after hearing her speak for a few minutes.

SIDE STORY:

Down in the Phoenix are there are tons of multiple lane roads which are GREAT for pulling up along side girls and flashing your cell phone to have them give you their phone number. I timed my exit from the golf course perfect with Gulbis (stalker ftw). I was driving right along side her, ready to flash my cell...but she never looked over once [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 07-30-2007, 01:37 PM

Bitcho,

I'm deeply saddened that I've lived in the Phoenix area my whole life and am only now hearing about this flashing of the cell phone to hot chicks technique. WTF. I need about ten years of my life back.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Gulbis is 100 times more aware of her sex appeal one the golf course than the average LPGA player. The way she walks, stands and talks during a round of golf. It is a pleasure to watch and the attention she gets must be hurtful to some of her playing partners. I wholly agree that while not a butterface, she is not a classic beauty either.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but she's certainly less attractive after hearing her speak for a few minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

No kidding. I watched a couple episodes of her reality TV show on TGC and had to stop because it was making me like her less and less.

I'd rather just see her on TV and imagine that she has a interesting personalty then be confronted with the truth.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bitcho,

I'm deeply saddened that I've lived in the Phoenix area my whole life and am only now hearing about this flashing of the cell phone to hot chicks technique. WTF. I need about ten years of my life back.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're probably joking but either way it should sadden you.

I started off in Glendale, and Bell Rd was my main drag for some time.

Moved on down to Tempe and found good success on Broadway Rd and Rural Rd. I believe there is a Safeway on the corner of those two streets and that was a nice place to scope for some potential. Once you've spotted a car full of hotties, simply follow them out and pull alongside.

It's best to act like you don't notice them at first. Speed past them acting like you're on your cell phone. Look directly past them without making eye contact so they can see the goods.
A typical reaction at this point would be for them to all giggle and look at each other like, "what should we do?". Then they give you teh number, obv.
Single drivers seem much more hesitant to give out the digits. I've had some success with them but if you can get 2+ together it's a virtual lock.

*Must be good looking and drive a nice(ish) car.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's best to act like you don't notice them at first. Speed past them acting like you're on your cell phone. Look directly past them without making eye contact so they can see the goods.
A typical reaction at this point would be for them to all giggle and look at each other like, "what should we do?". Then they give you teh number, obv.
Single drivers seem much more hesitant to give out the digits. I've had some success with them but if you can get 2+ together it's a virtual lock.

*Must be good looking and drive a nice(ish) car.

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL, this is all pretty PUA stuff. Cracks me up. I've always had a no eye contact policy on the road to avoid confrontation, but that's one that's greatly harming me in this department. Also, I'm surprised that you recommend groups over a single person. For one, it seems they're more likely to eff with you, for another it's a far less frequent occurrence (although much more likely around ASU obv). Will have to work this into my repertoire.

As for Gulbis, I think it's her voice and the way she talks that loses points. While not as annoying as Wie, she still just sounds weird.

Also, I wonder if any of the cows on tour ever hit on her. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-30-2007, 11:09 PM

I can't believe no one has discussed the realness of her chest. Is this the first time someone won a pro event (in any sport?) with fake boobies?