Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2007, 02:15 PM

Default Raised with TP/TK on drawy paired board

Villian plays tons of hands pre-flop, cold calling raises with all kinds of crap. I'm not sure if he raises the turn with draws, but I definitely wouldn't put it past him. Is this river donk okay on the safe river, or do you just check/call? When he raises the river, should I fold?

PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero calls.
Old 07-29-2007, 02:22 PM

Default Re: Raised with TP/TK on drawy paired board

why did you bet out the river after calling villain's raise on the turn? nothing has changed since the turn
Old 07-29-2007, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why did you bet out the river after calling villain's raise on the turn? nothing has changed since the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it was possible that he was raising the turn with a weaker ace or draw plus weaker pair, and might check behind on the river. I didn't want that, so I bet again. I had a tough time choosing between b/c, b/f and c/c here, but I think that b/c might be the worst of the three options, since most villians probably wouldn't raise the river here with a worse, but good, ace. Perhaps b/f &gt; c/c &gt; b/c.
Old 07-29-2007, 02:31 PM

Don't donk bet the river. Especially don't donk bet it if you can't fold. Make the crying call on the river hoping for a busted flush draw, weaker A (with the flush draw) or air.
Old 07-29-2007, 03:26 PM

Against this loose villain who is just as likely to have a 3 as an ace I would c/c the river. You still lose against the 3 but you beat a weaker ace, plus he might even bet a busted draw that he would never call with.

You sometimes lose a bet when he checks behind with a hand you beat, but that is not as bad as paying two bb to see his trips.
Old 07-29-2007, 03:35 PM

c/c this river if you don't have a superread that says he only raise turn as semibluff...
Old 07-29-2007, 04:59 PM

I think the bet/call on river is kind of bad. I would either bet/fold (doubt it) or check call which is more likely
Old 07-29-2007, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I thought it was possible that he was raising the turn with a weaker ace or draw plus weaker pair, and might check behind on the river. I didn't want that, so I bet again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you consider threebetting the turn for the same reason? If not, why not? I think a turn threebet is better than a river donk because if he's drawing he won't call the river while if he's beating you he'll raise you.

Still I think threebetting the turn is too much and I'd call down, letting him bluff the river if by chance he was drawing on the turn.

Guy.
Old 07-29-2007, 06:17 PM

donking this river is for the donks