Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-28-2007, 06:24 PM

Default When do you push when you have a small stack?

Generally when you play tournaments and say it gets down to 7 handed at your table whether its the final table or just a table that has 7 players left and you have 16K and blinds are 1k/2K and ante i think is 200 maybe? What hands is good to go all in when you have say 5 guys left, 3 players anthe blinds.

Today i pushed AJs all in and nobody called me. But later i made a terrible play i think, it was 2 hands later i had A10s and folded Utg when there i was first to act with 6 players left at the table. Is that terrible?

I know that if i was at the CO, A10s or A10o is an obvious all in with my stack. But what about when theres 4,5 or 6 ppl left to act assuming my stack size of 16K with 1k/2k blinds with 200 ante. Is any pair a good push? Would it be better pushing a hand like 98s than A8 because when someone calls you and have an Ace, they have u dominated most likely

Later i pushed all in with 88 in utg+1 and there were about 7 players total and I had an M of about 3. I had 5 more people left to act and pushed with 88 and lost. Is there a guideline on what should be the minimum requirements assuming all players play solid?

Thanks.