Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2007, 10:48 AM

Default another probably bad playet set QQQ

This hand was played before 77 set discussion.

UTG is TAG

0.25/0.50 Fixed-Limit Hold'em <font color="blue">(10 handed)</font>
Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="red">UTG raises</font>, <font color="grey">UTG+1 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="grey">MP1 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="red">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="grey">3 folds</font>, <font color="red">UTG caps</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (21.4 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="red">UTG bets</font>, <font color="red">UTG+2 raises</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="grey">MP3 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="red">UTG 3-bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

<ul type="square">Here i have to raise and cap cus board is very coordinated and i wanna get as much bets here now when villians still draw[/list]Turn: (16.7 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="red">UTG bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="red">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls.

<ul type="square">Here just call cus too many action at turn.[/list]River: (24.7 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="red">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, <font color="grey">UTG+2 folds</font>.

Final Pot: 27.7 BB
Old 07-28-2007, 10:56 AM

Default Re: another probably bad playet set QQQ

You nailed it, 3 bet the flop.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:03 AM

at least cap the #$&amp;*# flop when it gets to you, sheesh
Old 07-28-2007, 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Here i have to raise and cap cus board is very coordinated and i wanna get as much bets here now when villians still draw

[/ QUOTE ]
This is the big one on this board. People want to see the turn, so you should try to get as many bets out of them as possible in case they are drawing and won't give a lot of action on the turn or aren't drawing and won't give a lot of action on a turn scare card.

It went 3 bets on the flop anyways, but I think you should strongly consider raising the first time around in case UTG has TT/JJ/AQs and doesn't want to 3-bet the flop causing you to miss a lot of value. When it came back to you after the 3-bet and you were closing the action, that is another spot to raise since it's your last chance to get money in on the flop and UTG could be 3-betting with AK/AA more often than KK.

Lastly, if the turn blanks off with say the 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and you wake up on the turn, I think it really gives your hand away as KQs/QQ/KK (weighted towards sets) if anyone can reads hands, since you really should have no reason to get excited about a 6 on the turn after 3-betting preflop.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:16 AM

Raise as much as possible on that flop, alot of st8 draws and FDs are not folding so flood it baby.

Turn card prolly makes a flush so i would be calling it here also and wait to hit your boats.

Hit more FHs so you won't have to make any crying calls!!!
Old 07-28-2007, 02:04 PM

3-bet the flop

rest looks standard to me.........
Old 07-28-2007, 06:27 PM

I have thought about this hand and have one question.
Now i know that here im at CO so i cant protect my set at turn.

Pot is very lage at flop and UTG makes 3bet at flop.
IF i would be at UTG+1 then better is to protect my hand at this large pot then just cap flop right?
I can use UTG turns bet to raise and protect my hand.
SSHE says protect your hand at large pot (and its probably only possible at turn useing agro player who acts before me and after me are rest vilians).
Old 07-28-2007, 06:35 PM

SSHE says protect ur hands when theyre vulnerable and ur equity changes dramatically on most turn cards (ie wait with TT on a 9 hi board but 3bet AA). ur hand will be strong still on any turn with ur boat redraw and its a monster now just raise for value when u can. Id 3bet the flop or cap it when it gets back to me on the flop for sure. As played I like the next two streets, doing anything other than just calling in both spots is a spew imho.