Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2007, 03:29 AM

Default this is a very tough decision

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($185.90)
BB ($59.45)
UTG ($179.50)
MP ($127.15)
CO :#A500AF(villan)/ ($141.30)
Button ($76.75)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO :#A500AF(villan)/ raises to $3</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $11</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO :#A500AF(villan)/ calls $8.

Flop: ($23) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $13</font>, villan calls $13.

Turn: ($49) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $25</font>, villan calls $25.

River: ($99) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">villan bets $92.3 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls $92.30.

Final Pot: $283im

im new to this table and all i know is that villan is runs on a 20/15

what was the deciding factor of my call is that id figure if this guy had JJ+ he wouldve raised the flop

good call? bad call? default call? and what would villand hand range be and give supposrting reasons why i should fold/call
Old 07-28-2007, 05:50 AM

Default Re: this is a very tough decision

I wouldn't raise QQ+ on the flop. I MIGHT raise JJ, but not KK or AA. QQ doesn't have too much to worry about here: If you have AK, six cards help you, and that's the worst case. I'd let another card come and let you bet again, maybe even twice. QQ, KK, AA all make sense for his play in this hand, though I agree that JJ isn't too likely.

The river card might actually be a bad one in that he might be betting AK or something, but I am pretty sure you're dead here. What're you putting him on? A really optimistic 99? There's not a lot in his range that'll play this way.
Old 07-28-2007, 05:54 AM

bet more like $35 on turn, fold river.
Old 07-28-2007, 06:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
bet more like $35 on turn, fold river.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think the turn bet is fine: It leaves us with a PSB, there's nothing he's going to be drawing to, and it doesn't commit us to calling on the river.
Old 07-28-2007, 06:15 AM

On the river he is either bluffing or betting for value. I don't see any real draws he could have been drawing to so he most likely has JJ+ here. I think you have an easy fold.

Even if there was a draw that he could be calling with, you need to know if he is even capable of bluffing missed draws, which some opponents are not. They'll be happy to check behind and give up the pot. On the otherhand, some opponents will call you down just to see if you show weakness to try to steal the pot, but those guys are usually easy to spot after playing with them a bit.
Old 07-28-2007, 06:23 AM

I bet more on flop and just check turn.
Old 07-28-2007, 06:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I bet more on flop and just check turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you normally make a large cbet on the flop with AA, small pairs can set mine against you. If he checks behind on turn, you will check/call river with TT? That means he can set mine against you with small pairs against a large part (?) of your three bet range. If he checks behind on turn and you check/fold river with TT, you just became really exploitable.

If you only bet 50% of the pot for your value, you stop set mining being profitable, but still retain the ability to get value from your hands without giving away what your hand is.