Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2007, 09:07 PM

Default 50NL: 3 bluffs

Opponent is a solid regular(agnesfar) in all 3 hands.
He runs at 34/32/3 over 142 hands although 1/3-1/2 of that is HU. I think his 6max stats are around 23/22.
The hands are in chronological order.

We have 3bet eachother a bit troughout these hands. Other than that there was nothing remarkable.

Hand #1:

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $178.04
BB: $50.00
UTG: $116.03
Hero (CO): $89.41
BTN: $52.50

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.00</font>, BTN calls $2.00, 2 folds

Flop: ($4.75) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $3.00</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $13.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $25.00</font>

Hand #2:

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 2 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

BB: $61.50
Hero (SB): $84.37

Preflop: Hero is dealt 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB raises to $2.00</font>, Hero calls $1.50

Flop: ($4) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($4) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $3.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $9.00</font>

Hand #3:

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 2 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

BB: $77.01
Hero (SB): $62.73

Preflop: Hero is dealt 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB raises to $2.00</font>, Hero calls $1.50

Flop: ($4) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $3.00</font>, Hero calls $3.00

Turn: ($10) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $7.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $20.00</font>

I will post my thoughts after some replies.
Comments about the raise sizes are also appreciated as I didn't put much thought in them.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:02 PM

Default Re: 50NL: 3 bluffs

First hand, i dont really lead re raise here, but i think it might be better to c/r. He bets 3, you raise to 13, if he re raises you can fold with only 15 invested. Your way you have an extra $10 invested.

Second hand, hate the call with J8, like the check flop as good chance hes trapping, turn just wanna call as he pushes with AKd, AA, KK and you need to fold, and prob pushes with AQd/10d also. Could also get cagey and call with one of those hands.

Third hand, again hate the call pre flop. Like the flop call, if he checks turn we can steal. Do not like the raise on the draw though as again, if he pushes, you prob gotta fold. Doubt hes double firing without something here.

Raise sizes seem fine, just in bad spots IMO.
Old 07-28-2007, 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First hand, i dont really lead re raise here, but i think it might be better to c/r. He bets 3, you raise to 13, if he re raises you can fold with only 15 invested. Your way you have an extra $10 invested.

[/ QUOTE ]

He won't always raise here so a cbet is by far the cheapest way to win the pot.
I 3bet him here because he can't represent anything but a flopped set because he doesn't call pf with sc and will 3bet with TT+.

I actually don't like c/r here as I would almost never take this line with a strong hand.

[ QUOTE ]
Second hand, hate the call with J8, like the check flop as good chance hes trapping, turn just wanna call as he pushes with AKd, AA, KK and you need to fold, and prob pushes with AQd/10d also. Could also get cagey and call with one of those hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember this is party where the BB has the button. Position is such a huge advantage that I think I can profitably defend and 3bet a very wide range. I also play very tight from the SB because of that.

On the flop I figured he would bet an A/fd/air here and would only check with a medium strength hand that he doesn't want to turn into a bluff, most likely Kx.
I also don't think he will slowplay monsters on this flop.
The turn was the best bluff card I could hope for as he almost never has a flush here and he can't really call with second pair on that board.

I don't like a call here as I don't have any implied odds and I can't make him fold on the river.

[ QUOTE ]
Third hand, again hate the call pre flop. Like the flop call, if he checks turn we can steal. Do not like the raise on the draw though as again, if he pushes, you prob gotta fold. Doubt hes double firing without something here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he will 2barrel quite a lot here because my hand looks very much like float, so I was raising any non J,7,A turn.
He rarely has hand he will pay me off with if I hit, but I think he has to fold any non A hand. So I have little implied odds but great fold equity making raising &gt; calling imo.
Old 07-28-2007, 12:50 PM

hand 1: the minraise imo doesn´t accomplish a lot. a 7 is prob going to call you and draws too.
hand 2: I really hate this play given the flop check. it looks a lot like what you are trying to do.
hand 3: float seems ok if you think villain double barrells often enough/lays down pp.
Old 07-28-2007, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hand 1: the minraise imo doesn´t accomplish a lot. a 7 is prob going to call you and draws too.

[/ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't do this if he could show up here with A7,89 or similar hands. I think he wont call these hands pf so this is a nuts/air hand imo.
Old 07-28-2007, 01:11 PM

No but he would call with 33 77 or 66. Also depending on how often you pull this stuff, your hand looks like complete air too. I'd rather C/R this to invest less money for the same effect.

2nd hand - I don't like the PF call. Only the scare flush card enabled you to win this really and that don't happen often enough. The bluff is believable enough unless he knows you'd normally semi-bluff a draw like that, which I'm guess ing you would. You could easily find yourself getting looked up by Aces I think but I think it's fine if you know your man.

3rd: standard float with the benefit of the flush draw. He prolly doesn't have the ace but I think this is fine if he's raising light.