Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2006, 03:29 PM

Default AKo blind attack, turn semi-bluff

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (4 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>

Yes?, No?, maybe so?

sb was 19.3/9.24/1.64/119, but, was defending his sb against me fairly frequently, and did weird stuff like this donk against me(I wouldn't call him tricky at all, just odd against me).

Once he donked me on the flop, I intended to go to showdown with him as I really wanted to know wtf he was doing this crap with. I also assumed that I would have the best hand enough to call down, but, opportunity arose on this turn(i think).

Do I have any FE on this turn to make this correct. It seemed like a bright idea when I did it
Old 02-25-2006, 03:54 PM

Default Re: AKo blind attack, turn semi-bluff

Nope, he's never folding a better hand and he usually has 2-3 outs against you when you're ahead. You really don't want to get 3 bet, either.
Old 02-25-2006, 09:57 PM

Do you mean 3 to 6 outs? I agree he doesn't fold this enough to make a raise worth it.
Old 02-25-2006, 09:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nope, he's never folding a better hand and he usually has 2-3 outs against you when you're ahead. You really don't want to get 3 bet, either.

[/ QUOTE ] unless he has the A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] then he has a whole lot more. So yeah. Turn raise bad.