Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2007, 06:42 PM

Default 50NL - QQ facing raise on the flop , standard fold?

Villain sat on the table just a few hands ago, so no reads.. Shoulda raise more PF? Bet more on the flop?

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($66.25)
MP ($50)
Hero ($51.25)
SB ($61.15)
BB ($19)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $2.25</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $6</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls $5.50, MP calls $3.75.

Flop: ($18.75) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $12</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $33</font> ...
Old 07-26-2007, 06:47 PM

Default Re: 50NL - QQ facing raise on the flop , standard fold?

Preflop I like raising to $9.

As played on the flop I bet $15. With no reads its hard to decide what to do but after you 3bet pf you can narrow his range.

He can have 99-AA, AK, AQ, 88, 22, 33, A8 if hes a donk.
Old 07-26-2007, 06:49 PM

$9 is too much PF. $6 too little. $7 is about right.

Postflop: lol, don't fold.
Old 07-26-2007, 06:56 PM

I dont think AA or KK is likely, given that he didnt reraise you pf.

flop I shove.
Old 07-26-2007, 07:00 PM

This is actually a situation where you seriously consider getting it all-in with one pair.

Your reraise preflop failed to deny MP and UTG the odds to try and flop a set with a pocket pair so therefore any PP is in their range, so is AK and possibly some worse big aces if they are really lose.

On the flop the size of your c-bet is fine. Almost any player is likely to be raising any overpair, which means that you are afraid of AA, KK, and sets (88, 33, 22). You can reduce the likelihood of kings or aces because a number of players will 4-bet these preflop (though some will smooth-call your 3-bet). This means that unless villain is of the smoothcalling type you are behind sets (3 possible), ahead of 99-JJ (3-possible), and tying with another QQ. Since the presence of the deuce, trey, and eight on the flop means that three of each are unseen instead of four this makes the possibility of sets less likely than overpairs. The fact that you have two queens in your hand makes it far less likely that villain has a pair of them.

Your probably ahead on this flop. Push it in like a horny boy on prom night.
Old 07-26-2007, 07:11 PM

Shove!

Board: 2h 3c 8s
Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 64.040% 64.04% 00.00% 17118 0.00 { QdQs }
Hand 1: 35.960% 35.96% 00.00% 9612 0.00 { JJ-88, 33-22 }
Old 07-26-2007, 09:00 PM

Raise more pf.

I go broke here, though you gave villain the odds to break you. If you had raised more pf, it's unlikely they would have.

I think you can take AA and KK out, oop, and with UTG calling, well, it's just real unlikely. 99-JJ is definitely in their range as well as other junk.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:11 PM

Capone I'm interested, why do you say that he'll make this flop reraise with AK or AQ?
Old 07-26-2007, 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Capone I'm interested, why do you say that he'll make this flop reraise with AK or AQ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain didn't reraise preflop, he called Hero's reraise.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is actually a situation where you seriously consider getting it all-in with one pair.

Your reraise preflop failed to deny MP and UTG the odds to try and flop a set with a pocket pair so therefore any PP is in their range, so is AK and possibly some worse big aces if they are really lose.

On the flop the size of your c-bet is fine. Almost any player is likely to be raising any overpair, which means that you are afraid of AA, KK, and sets (88, 33, 22). You can reduce the likelihood of kings or aces because a number of players will 4-bet these preflop (though some will smooth-call your 3-bet). This means that unless villain is of the smoothcalling type you are behind sets (3 possible), ahead of 99-JJ (3-possible), and tying with another QQ. Since the presence of the deuce, trey, and eight on the flop means that three of each are unseen instead of four this makes the possibility of sets less likely than overpairs. The fact that you have two queens in your hand makes it far less likely that villain has a pair of them.

Your probably ahead on this flop. Push it in like a horny boy on prom night.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would push here to.

And waoh i can really relate to that horny boy on prom night amazing time (just happened a month ago lol). [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]