Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2007, 12:58 PM

Default 100 NL Check/Call vs Bet/Fold

Can the forum discuss when it is better to bet/fold instead of check/call, especially on the turn? I see players bet/folding often on these forums when I often just check/call. My reasoning is, when I have a good yet vulnerable hand, I want to see a river card for cheap and not get pushed out by semibluffers or people who are overvaluing TPTK on a scary board. But I think check/calling the turn too much is a big leak in my game....Any thoughts?
Old 07-26-2007, 03:56 PM

Default Re: 100 NL Check/Call vs Bet/Fold

In general, assuming you raised preflop from EP, get one call, and are heads up OOP on the flop, then if you think villain is most likely on a draw when he calls your cb, then a turn bet is good on the turn to make him pay to see the next card. On the river, if the draw gets there, you can block/fold as a default play. But if the draw doesn't get there on the river, you can c/c to induce a bluff.

When there is no obvious draws on the board, c/c the turn is usually good after villain floats your cb on the flop because you either way ahead, or way behind, so you want to keep the pot a managable size on the turn so you can value bet the river and get weaker hands to call. Sometime villain will raise the river after betting the turn, and then you need a read on whether to fold or call.

But this is all general information that really isn't worth much since every hand is different. Post an example and get feedback. Then post a couple of others. You'll get better information.
Old 07-26-2007, 04:25 PM

thread is lol
Old 07-26-2007, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
thread is lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Just so everyone is clear... he doesn't mean me... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Anyways, I think you have to think of something like this as a hand by hand basis. It is is a general question and I, personally, wouldn't feel comfortable giving an answer since there are too many variables to consider.