Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2007, 09:06 PM

Default 5/10 TT 3rd pair on turn

Villain is a TAG, no specific reads, hasn't gotten out of line. I was probably looking aggressive at this point, I had a lot of decent hands that weren't hitting, or were in bad spots, so I wasn't showing down a lot of winners.

Probably a simple hand, but I am trying to evaluate some of the situations I get in with other TAGs.

I was bet folding this turn, standard?

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>
Old 07-25-2007, 09:08 PM

Default Re: 5/10 TT 3rd pair on turn

I'd play it the same.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd play it the same.

[/ QUOTE ]
me too, what's your plan if he calls and the river bricks off?
Old 07-25-2007, 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I'm checking behind here. I can't imagine a lot of hands that villian gets to the river by check calling with a K on board. If it were a J or Q high flop, I could see some TAGs playing a WAWB type of hand since I capped preflop. But with the K on board, if he just calls the flop and turn, he probably has a Q, JJ, or AJ/AT, things that either already beat me or won't call a river bet often enough to get value.

I can't even imagine a TAG donking a blank river here, I think that would be a pretty weird line on this board.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd play it the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

there's a ton of tags out there who sd small/mid pps on broadway boards such as this. if he's this type, while thin, i take him to value town on the river. for example: the fact that you've been aggro and he may view you this way may compel him to sd 66 here.

but checking behind on river is fine if you feel he has AQ, JJ, and is not a sd monkey with smaller pps.
Old 07-26-2007, 03:06 AM

i am betting the turn, and betting a non A or J river.
Old 07-26-2007, 04:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, same here. I dont really care about the Q since most TAGs would have folded Qx hands on the flop. So when villain calls your turn bet he is either WA/WB with Kx or he has a low pp and wants to SD.
Old 07-26-2007, 07:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, same here. I dont really care about the Q since most TAGs would have folded Qx hands on the flop. So when villain calls your turn bet he is either WA/WB with Kx or he has a low pp and wants to SD.

[/ QUOTE ]

C'mon guys. You want to give the arguement for a turn bet that's fine but a river value bet seems very foolish here against a TAG.

Also can we elaborate a little more why a turn bet to get the six combos of JJ to fold is better than inducing from the remaining 54 combos we beat. Notice also villain didn't cap PF which discounts JJ somewhat. Is AJ and [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] enough reason to bet
Old 07-26-2007, 07:27 AM

what about the 24 combos of 66-99..? You dont want value from those?

I dont know what you want to induce(?) But if you want to check the turn to induce a river bet from a hand that would have folded the turn I think you are underestimating a TAG villain. Most good TAG's recognize the turn check as a "see you at SD" check and will not bet any hand on the river that wouldnt have called a turn bet.
Old 07-26-2007, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was bet folding this turn, standard?

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not sure I like bet/folding the turn. Ive see so much tomfoolery lately, that I think you need to call down a raise.