Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2007, 08:24 PM

Default .5/1 Prima Network, Guy seems passive

Hey,

ok so Hand converter for prima plz? I cant find one who will work.

Hand goes as follow:

I'm BB with AKo, fold to SB who raise DUH, I trey it, he calls. Flop come J73r, I bet he calls. turn ace, he donks.. I'm like wtf noob I raise thats my question here.. Am I right to raise him?

If he 3 bet I always call down on the river?

Some things that might help: I view him as a passive player over only a few orbit.. but I kept showing him hudge hand down. He might be on tilt but not that mutch cause after he played OK...
Edit: Addition on the guy. lol, I got 88 on the BB, call, fold to sb (the guy) completes, I check (I just cant play those pair after the flop so I dont raise [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img])Flop K-7-3 check all around, turn 2, check, check, I lead. call call... I hate my self. then river King! check, check I lead, call and then SB raises... I call and scoop,he showed J-2.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:27 PM

Default Re: .5/1 Prima Network, Guy seems passive

I usually just pop it on the turn. Would this be a good spot to call turn and raise river..?
Old 07-25-2007, 08:39 PM

this works for me, sometimes gotta try 2-3 times though

http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter/

If he 3 bet I always call down on the river?

yes

raising the turn and raising the river both have their merits but since you'll get called down from the turn a lot I think value from turn raise >> value from bluffs/air donks by waiting river to pop
Old 07-25-2007, 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I usually just pop it on the turn. Would this be a good spot to call turn and raise river..?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just pop it on the turn also. I think people that donk gutshots here can't fold to a raise. The only worry is him folding a worse pair, which doesn't matter too much if he has 5 outs, and he'll often call down with it anyway.

Edit: Just read the read, how is this guy passive if he's bluff check/raising low pair on the river in a protected pot? Did you get this read after the hand? If so you shouldn't post it as it will bias people. Also you should bet the flop in that hand unless you think the limper will bet. Clear turn raise with the read.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:36 PM

id raise the turn here (if he 3 bets, then call down and just call river especially after seeing the j2o hand)

did the turn put two of a suit on board? if so, you can throw in any type of pair, flush draw combo. Throw in the fact that any ace is gonna be paying you off here and i think you have to put in the turn raise.

Remember he opened in the sb and just called your 3 bet. That fits a wide range for most good players, but this guy is passive. The likelihood of Ace x is probably higher since he probably is not raising as many k7 and q9 types, and definitely not the q6s or k4o etc.

If he has two pair or hit a set, it sucks, but all you can do is try to maximize when youre ahead and minimize when behind, and at this level, TPTK here is too strong to not turn raise with the preceding action. The J2 off hand makes it even easier to make the turn raise since you have to consider the possibility of him being a complete monkey and still may pay off.

Pretty much what sharpie said is spot on here.