Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2007, 06:04 AM

Default 3bet pot battle with QQ

Villain is a regular and a small winner so far in my dbase: 22/8/2.7 over 1k+ hands.

Bet/folding the flop seems weak to me, but continuing almost guarantees playing for stacks - and I don't like QQ vs. his range after the c/r.

2 questions.

What range should I be putting Villain on after he calls my 3bet?

Is a flop c/r ever a worse hand here?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 8 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

UTG: $132.90
Hero (UTG+1): $98.50

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (8 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $4.25</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $14.00</font>, 6 folds, UTG calls $9.75

Flop: ($29.50) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $21.50</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises to $55.00</font>
Old 07-25-2007, 11:16 AM

Default Re: 3bet pot battle with QQ

I think he might have two heart overcards, like AhKh or AhQh. He might also have AA/KK/QQ or even 88. I don't think he's overplaying 99-JJ givn your read on him as a regular. Regulars don't usually overplay modest hands on later streets as a default.

I think folding is OK to the turn c/r.

I would like to call the c/r and call a non-heart river, but if he's able to bet the pot on a missed draw as well as KK/AA (or even 88), then you'd have to call off a big bet on the end if you call the c/r and no heart comes.

I think fold is OK.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:21 AM

UTG has committed himself to this pot basically. I think you can be pretty sure you're beat. Unless something happeed in the table to put him on tilt or make him think that you are full of it, then he has you beat.

Even if he has AKh, you aren't in that great of shape. I think we can fold this without feeling too bad about it.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think he might have two heart overcards, like AhKh or AhQh. He might also have AA/KK, but almost never ever 88 or 66, much less 22. I don't think he's overplaying 99-JJ given your read on him as a regular. Regulars don't usually overplay modest hands on later streets as a default.

I think folding is standard to the turn c/r.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP. Agree as modified.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:45 PM

sucks because he's UTG. his range is tight. you can bluff shove to represent aces =).
Old 07-25-2007, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think he might have two heart overcards, like AhKh or AhQh. He might also have AA/KK, but almost never ever 88 or 66, much less 22. I don't think he's overplaying 99-JJ given your read on him as a regular. Regulars don't usually overplay modest hands on later streets as a default.

I think folding is standard to the turn c/r.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP. Agree as modified.

[/ QUOTE ]

I misread the hand. 88 would be valid to include in his range.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sucks because he's UTG. his range is tight. you can bluff shove to represent aces =).

[/ QUOTE ]

I like your style! Although, that wouldn't work, he's totally committed himself here.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:38 PM

I agree with much that has been posted here.

Thinking about it in reverse... if villain chooses to smooth call your 3-bet with AA/KK. How should he plan to play the hand once this flop hits? Should he wait until the turn to make a play or is this flop c/r best?