Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2007, 04:08 AM

Default sandwich raising in a four way pot

I'm in the SB with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. UTG calls, CO calls, Button raises, I call, BB calls, UTG calls, CO calls.

Flop comes

K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I check, BB checks, UTG checks, CO checks, Button bets, I call, BB folds, UTG raises, CO calls, Button calls, I three bet, UTG calls, CO caps it, Button calls, I call, UTG calls.

Turn

9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I bet, UTG folds, CO calls, Button calls.

River

4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I check, CO checks, Button checks.

How does this look, specifically the flop action and the turn bet- this is a must bet spot with that action, correct?

-Tex
Old 07-25-2007, 06:14 AM

Default Re: sandwich raising in a four way pot

Tex -

1st round:
Hard to read much. Button raises, but that could be with a wide range. Maybe good lowish.

2nd round:
Wow!
Everybody checks to the pre-flop raiser who, as expected, bets. Doesn't mean much. Then UTG completes a check raise. Doesn't mean much; could be a great flop fit or not.

Then you 3-bet. I like it.

Finally CO caps and everybody still in the pot calls. The cap doesn't mean much. Could be CO has a nice flop fit or could be CO expects Button to cap and decides to preempt Button.

3rd round:
The turn is a very scary card, enabling a straight that would have been an obvious draw for anyone with QJXY. At the point when you bet it is very plausible for somebody behind you to have a straight. Hmm. (musing) Gutsy bet.

UTG folds, but CO and Button just call. You'd think either of them would raise with a straight, but neither raises. Looks like they are still on a draw. Not impossible for CO to have the straight with no re-draw and not raise for some reason or other, perhaps just being tricky.

But when they both call, you have to wonder. They must have something. But if not the straight, then what? You have both of the high hearts and are paired with three board cards. Maybe one of them is over-playing aces.

Hmm. (musing again) I think when you bet the turn, more or less representing the straight, and when they both check behind you, more or less representing draws, you should follow up with a bet on the river when it seems everybody must have missed their draw on the river.

4th round:
I'd guess one of them has a set of tens (or maybe top two or a set of treys) and is still drawing for the board to pair on the river, while the other picked up the nut diamond draw on the turn. If so, would the holder of the tens fold to another bet on the river or not? Hard to say. Maybe. I'd bet the river just to see.

Buzz
Old 07-25-2007, 08:02 AM

I think that check-raising that flop is prudent considering button will always bet - force the rest of them to call 2 cold or get out - I really don't want any gutshot straight and/or backdoor low draw hands sticking around. If you get it heads up with the button I see just the kings up winning a large percentage of the time.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:54 AM

Eh, I'd lead out the flop. You have so much of this board and no way Button bets this flop 100%. Checking and calling is basically weak, and way too hopeful IMO. Bet and you'll be raised a fair amount, and people will inevitably misread your hand because it's so big.