Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2007, 03:38 AM

Default Brag: PokerStars players are really good at 5CD

Dealt to greggg230 [2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]

Okay, pretty good hand. Let's raise this up. (Forgot it was pot-limit; had just been playing limit so I min-raised like a donk.)

greggg230: raises 50 to 100

sharkpark: raises 450 to 550

greggg230: calls 450

Hm. Okay. Maybe he thinks my min-raise indicates weakness. Might have a worse two pair and this is still early so a lot of donks left in.

Eriklad5: raises 450 to 1000

Zuh? You called my raise then come over the top?

sharkpark: raises 1725 to 2725 and is all-in

Okay, what the [censored] is going on?

greggg230: folds

Two pair no good, I guess.

Eriklad5: calls 30 and is all-in
sharkpark: discards 3 cards

Eriklad5: discards 1 card
*** SHOW DOWN ***
sharkpark: shows [J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] (a pair of Fours)
Eriklad5: shows [8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] (high card Ten)
sharkpark collected 2760 from pot

What

A few hands later..

Dealt to greggg230 [T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]

Okay, well, I'm not folding to shark this time...

Keyberg: calls 100
greggg230: raises 300 to 400
sharkpark: raises 1000 to 1400

Perfect!

Keyberg: raises 2600 to 4000

#%$#! Who the [censored] are you?

greggg230: folds

Sigh . . .

sharkpark: calls 2155 and is all-in

Of course...

sharkpark: discards 1 card
Keyberg: discards 3 cards

What the [censored]!

*** SHOW DOWN ***
sharkpark: shows [3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] (two pair, Queens and Nines)
Keyberg: shows [4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] (a pair of Kings)

Well, I guess Keyberg saved me some money. I'm not trusting anyone at these tables again.

A few more hands later...

Dealt to greggg230 [7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]

Okay, Shark and Keyberg, this time you're mine.

Keyberg: raises 250 to 350

Perfect.

greggg230: calls 350
sharkpark: raises 250 to 600

Even better.

Keyberg: calls 70 and is all-in
greggg230: calls 250
sharkpark: discards 3 cards
Keyberg: discards 3 cards
greggg230: discards 1 card [7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
Dealt to greggg230 [9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] [4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
sharkpark: checks
greggg230: bets 1715 and is all-in

I didn't improve, but I'm taking this one to the bank.

sharkpark: calls 1715

greggg230: shows [4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] (two pair, Tens and Nines)
sharkpark: shows [7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] (a pair of Aces)
greggg230 collected 3790 from side pot
Keyberg: shows [3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] (a pair of Jacks)
greggg230 collected 1360 from main pot

Yep...

Final hand: The downfall of shark

Dealt to greggg230 [Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]

sharkpark: raises 300 to 450
greggg230: raises 975 to 1425
sharkpark: raises 2925 to 4350
greggg230: raises 1900 to 6250 and is all-in
sharkpark: calls 1095 and is all-in
greggg230: discards 2 cards [Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
Dealt to greggg230 [8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] [K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
sharkpark: discards 2 cards

Uh oh. Do you actually have something this time?

*** SHOW DOWN ***
greggg230: shows [K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] (three of a kind, Eights)
sharkpark: shows [8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] (a pair of Jacks)
greggg230 collected 10965 from pot

[i]Of course not. Thanks for the chips, shark.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:41 AM

Default Re: Brag: PokerStars players are really good at 5CD

Play monies? lol
Old 07-25-2007, 03:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Play monies? lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. Satellite tourney
Old 07-25-2007, 03:48 AM

did we at least get a seat?
Old 07-25-2007, 04:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
did we at least get a seat?

[/ QUOTE ]

ya
Old 07-25-2007, 04:04 AM

I am going to enter the next 5 card draw satellite.
Old 07-25-2007, 04:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The 5CD cash tables are pretty solid on PokerStars, at least IME. Seems like a lot of regulars who have half a clue what they're doing.

5CD tournaments on Stars are just absolutely hilarious. There's no other way to put it. Anyone who has any kind of proficiency in any form of card-playing--spider solitaire and old maid included--is massively +EV in them.
Old 07-25-2007, 04:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The 5CD cash tables are pretty solid on PokerStars, at least IME. Seems like a lot of regulars who have half a clue what they're doing.

5CD tournaments on Stars are just absolutely hilarious. There's no other way to put it. Anyone who has any kind of proficiency in any form of card-playing--spider solitaire and old maid included--is massively +EV in them.

[/ QUOTE ]

You played the WCOOOP sat, right? What was the entry fee? Rebuy?
Old 07-25-2007, 04:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was really cheap. $2.20 with rebuy / add-on. Cost me $6.60 total, though I'm not sure the add-on was even worth it. I had 12,000+ by the break and add-on only gives another 2000. W$39 was prize for like top 8 (obviously varies depending on number of entrants / re-buys)
Old 07-25-2007, 04:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was really cheap. $2.20 with rebuy / add-on. Cost me $6.60 total, though I'm not sure the add-on was even worth it. I had 12,000+ by the break and add-on only gives another 2000. W$39 was prize for like top 8 (obviously varies depending on number of entrants / re-buys)

[/ QUOTE ]

W$39? wtf... This wasn't the WCOOP then.