Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2007, 01:10 AM

Default [25NL] AQo facing river raise

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $17.65
BB: $100.30
UTG: $22.50
MP: $10.70
CO: $9.40
Hero (BTN): $25.20

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG calls $0.25, MP calls $0.25, CO folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.35</font>, 2 folds, UTG calls $1.10, MP folds

Flop: ($3.30) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($3.30) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $2.35</font>, UTG calls $2.35

River: ($8) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $3.50</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises all-in to $18.80</font>

Comments on all streets appreciated. I didn't cbet because villain rarely ever folds to them. Action on river is particularly important, who calls - and is our hand the same as if we had the Ah?
Old 07-25-2007, 01:16 AM

Default Re: [25NL] AQo facing river raise

I put him on something I beat and call. It's the $25 he could have literally any two cards.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:18 AM

With four hearts on the board, he's not doing this with trip 7s. I think you can also safely assume he's also not doing this with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] So you can beat only a bluff. It's a fold. Also, the hand is basically the same as if you had the A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]; you'd still beat only a bluff. The nut flush is a possible hand for villain though.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:23 AM

i'd cbet whether i thought he would fold to it or not, so long as he's limping with more than pp, which presumably he is if he's a station. who cares if he folds? you're in position and you're usually ahead. call away!

more than likely this guy whiffed the flop, caught a flush draw on the turn, and hit it on the river. is he bad enough that he does this with the J?
Old 07-25-2007, 01:26 AM

This is a tough spot to be in. Your 2nd nut draw has now turned into a bluff catcher with the four flush on the board and the K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] already out there, not to mention you could be up against a possible fullhouse. Think about it, if villain had the J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or lower, why would he reraise AI instead of just calling? With the J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], it would probably be more enticing (if not smarter) for him to simply call but he instead moves AI, which probably isn't a bluff. I think you're beat and I would fold begrudgingly. Frankly, I would'nt have bet the river, I would have checked. You'll likely be facing a value bet if he has the A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or better.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:29 AM

he turned a 7 or a pocket pair into a bluff with your small river bet so you gotta call.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:29 AM

This is tough but I think its a fold. And no, I don't think this is basically the same as if you had the Ah, i'd be much more likely to call with Ah.